Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers multiple conditions in if/then Post 302081034 by grandtheftander on Friday 21st of July 2006 12:55:21 PM
Old 07-21-2006
they are infact on the same line, but i did try adding a '\'. I also tried the if statment with only two "conditions".
i.e.
f [ "$sString" != "2" && "$sString" != "5"]; then
array=("${array[@]}" "$dnNum" )
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple conditions in if statements

Hi all, I'm confused about the proper syntax for multi-conditional if then statements. I'm trying to set limitations on info input on the command line.. i.e. if ] ;then $x=$vr1 else print "You have entered an invalid option." Can someone please clue me in on what is wrong with my syntax;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tim mauger
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple if conditions

Guys, Im trying to have a script that evaluates multiple conditions : test.sh: if then echo "host $1" else if then echo "host $1" else echo $1 not valid exit 1 fi when I do ./test.sh brazil1 I get: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashshadow1979
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help regarding multiple conditions

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting. Can any one say what is wrong in this if statement, that uses multiple conditions if then *************** else if ( -z $pcs && "$night_time_calc" > "$night_time" ) then ******************************** ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssenthilkumar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

specifying multiple conditions in AWK

how can i specify more than 1 consition in the following AWK statament?? i.e. if $2 is ABCD and $3 is MNOP and $4 is KLPM similarly for OR #!/bin/ksh awk -F '' ' $2 == "ABCD" { print $2, $3;}' file.xml (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple conditions in 'if clause'

Hi, When i use the below code snippet in my shell script OFC_10.sh: if then echo "Success" exit 2 elif then echo "Failure" exit 6 I get the error message: ./OFC_10.sh: line 41: ' ./OFC_10.sh: line 45: ' Line 41 is the line where If loop starts and line 45 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested if with multiple conditions

Deal Experts I am working on a script to find a date which is 7 days older and follwoing is my approach #!/bin/sh Yr=`date +"%Y"` Mn=`date +"%m"` Md=28 Da=`date +"%d"` echo $Yr echo $Mn echo $Da var1=$Yr$Mn$Da echo "before" $var1 if expr $Da > 7 then Da=`expr $Da - 7`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweetnsourabh
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If + multiple conditions

Hello Unix-Forums! It has been a long time since my last post, but finally I've got a new question: I know in case you can use multiple patterns by case $var in a|b|c|ab) and so on. But how would I place an OR between if ] then ... if ] then ... I want to execute the "..." if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: intelinside
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple conditions in IF

Fellas, Am new to unix os/ and here the situation , I am trying to write multiple condition statement inside if but it throws me a error here is my piece of code , if ] && ] && ] then commands fi error : line 15 : ` can someone please advise me how to fix it Please use... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xeccc5z
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Logic for multiple if conditions.

Hi Gurus, Is there a way we can set a logic for this problem ? The input file looks like below; 1 15 17 2 8 12 3 18 24 4 21 23 5 2 4 6 11 25 So, I would like to print for any row of the input file where the range of value between $2 to $3 lies within the min and max values of Min=10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Multiple If conditions

I am analyzing one of the scripts written by another person.script is having multiple if conditions and everything are nested.The code is not formatted properly.Is there any way to identify in Unix to identify begin and end of a particular if block? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsi.valiveti
6 Replies
catch(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  catch(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
catch - Evaluate script and trap exceptional returns SYNOPSIS
catch script ?varName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The catch command may be used to prevent errors from aborting command interpretation. Catch calls the Tcl interpreter recursively to exe- cute script, and always returns without raising an error, regardless of any errors that might occur while executing script. If script raises an error, catch will return a non-zero integer value corresponding to one of the exceptional return codes (see tcl.h for the definitions of code values). If the varName argument is given, then the variable it names is set to the error message from interpret- ing script. If script does not raise an error, catch will return 0 (TCL_OK) and set the variable to the value returned from script. Note that catch catches all exceptions, including those generated by break and continue as well as errors. The only errors that are not caught are syntax errors found when the script is compiled. This is because the catch command only catches errors during runtime. When the catch statement is compiled, the script is compiled as well and any syntax errors will generate a Tcl error. EXAMPLES
The catch command may be used in an if to branch based on the success of a script. if { [catch {open $someFile w} fid] } { puts stderr "Could not open $someFile for writing $fid" exit 1 } The catch command will not catch compiled syntax errors. The first time proc foo is called, the body will be compiled and a Tcl error will be generated. proc foo {} { catch {expr {1 +- }} } KEYWORDS
catch, error Tcl 8.0 catch(n)