Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to delete all email messages at ONE time? Post 302079908 by bobo on Thursday 13th of July 2006 03:46:18 PM
Old 07-13-2006
Data still have problems!!!!

type in mail
then
? d *
Illegal numeric
?

or

? d 1-3
Illegal numeric
?

These are messages that I got!!!

Please let me know what is wrong!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do we delete spam email on mmdf

Please advise on how to delete spam email from mmdf email, and The Unix spec below: System = SCO_SV Release = 3.2v5.0.5 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete All email

If I have thousands of email to delete on the mail server POP3, is there a quick way to delete it all in one command instead of going into pine and deleting them one at a time?:cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: foothillnet
2 Replies

3. Programming

How to delete email addresses

I need to delete old email addresses and can't them them out of my address I have a dell and am served by MSN? (Email address removed... Neo) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deede
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete old email addresses?

Help! Need to delete old email addresses from address book on Dell Windows 98............. -------- The subject line was one long string - I inserted spaces - oombera (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deede
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron to delete email help needed

I would like to know if I can place a cron job (and what it might be of course) to delete all the mail in an inbox? Here are the servers specs: Operating systemLinuxService StatusClick to ViewKernel version2.6.28.9Machine Typei686Apache version2.2.11 (Unix)PERL version5.8.8Path to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markmatu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp, archive, email and delete from shell script

Hello, I found the forum’s information very helpful and informative. I am relatively new to UNIX programming. I am researching how to write a UNIX shell script to ftp all files from specific host folder to a client server. Also need to archive all transferred files, send a message (email) if any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Delete email recd

Hello All, For many users, .forward file has been created to forward the emails from UNIX (SUN 5.8) to Exhcnage server. Is there any way to delete the email as soon as it comes to the mailbox on UNIX (without the same being forwarded to the Exchange Server)? Thanks! suismilyadon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suismilyadon
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sent output to email and empty folder at same time

Hi all, i want to sent output to email and folder at same time. This is my code : echo "Hello" | mailx -s "${SUBJECT}" "${email_add}" >> ${file} I only can sent output to my email but cannot sent to my empty folder....can i know how to done it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proghack
1 Replies

9. Debian

sendmail taking too much time to send a email

Hi , I'm using sendmail command to send a email. To send a email sendmail taking 3minutes to complete the process. Is there any configuration needs to be done in server or another solution is there to resolve this issue. Thanks in Advance. Regards Latika (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: latika
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

MAILX too much time to send email

Hello, I am using heirloom-mailx on UBUNTU 11.04 to create a bash script that sends an e-mail with an attachment. The command invoked is : echo $BODY | mailx -v \ -S smtp=smtps://$smtpmailserver:465 \ -S from=$MITTENTE \ -S ssl-verify=ignore \ -S smtp-auth=login \ -S smtp-auth-user=$USER \... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: occhiverdi1987
8 Replies
IS_NUMERIC(3)								 1							     IS_NUMERIC(3)

is_numeric - Finds whether a variable is a number or a numeric string

SYNOPSIS
bool is_numeric (mixed $var) DESCRIPTION
Finds whether the given variable is numeric. Numeric strings consist of optional sign, any number of digits, optional decimal part and optional exponential part. Thus +0123.45e6 is a valid numeric value. Hexadecimal (e.g. 0xf4c3b00c), Binary (e.g. 0b10100111001), Octal (e.g. 0777) notation is allowed too but only without sign, decimal and exponential part. PARAMETERS
o $var - The variable being evaluated. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if $var is a number or a numeric string, FALSE otherwise. EXAMPLES
Example #1 is_numeric(3) examples <?php $tests = array( "42", 1337, 0x539, 02471, 0b10100111001, 1337e0, "not numeric", array(), 9.1 ); foreach ($tests as $element) { if (is_numeric($element)) { echo "'{$element}' is numeric", PHP_EOL; } else { echo "'{$element}' is NOT numeric", PHP_EOL; } } ?> The above example will output: SEE ALSO
ctype_digit(3), is_bool(3), is_null(3), is_float(3), is_int(3), is_string(3), is_object(3), is_array(3). PHP Documentation Group IS_NUMERIC(3)