Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to make Alias
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to make Alias Post 302078829 by zazzybob on Wednesday 5th of July 2006 12:40:50 AM
Old 07-05-2006
Add it to a shell initialisation file that is read for all shells..... say ~/.bashrc for bash.

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make and make install commands

Hi there, I am installing a package at the moment on to my Solaris version 8 and I have run into a problem with the 'make' command. I have installed the package using the 'pkgadd' command and I am now at the stage where I have to use the 'make' command followed by the 'make install'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
4 Replies

2. Linux

Error in issuing a make and make install

Hi, Recently I install a package and try to do a make and make install. However, in the make it gives me below error:- make:Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am' make:Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am' Can anyone please explain to me what does this mean? I have been trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make alias for start of next sessiones

Good morning Dear Friends Please tell me how can be don't alias which is not Temporary.I mean in next log it to be there specially for AIX and HP UNIX.Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: papa1980
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Gani Network Driver Won't Install - make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make targ...

I attached a README file that I will refer to. I successfully completed everything in the README file until step 4. # pwd /gani/gani-2.4.4 # ls COPYING Makefile.macros gem.c Makefile Makefile.sparc_gcc gem.h Makefile.amd64_gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make a make from other folder

Hi, Sorry for my English. I want Execute a make from other folder but no it's a normal make. The comand is: make telosb install,3 And for example if i have to execute this comand in /tmp and i am in /$HOME how he would be now the comand? thx (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grobix
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between configure/make/make install.

Hi, While installation of apache on linux, we perform the below tasks. 1) Untar 2) configure 3) make 4) make install. I wanted to understand the difference and working of configure/make/make install. Can any one help me understanding this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make delays between multiple commands in an alias (ircII)?

Okay so I have an alias that looks like this: ALIAS gscn { MSG gscn Test1 MSG gscn Test2 MSG gscn Test3 MSG gscn Test4 MSG gscn Test5 } How do I make it wait 5 seconds between each command before it executes the next one after that in order from top to bottom? I tried the TIMER... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
1 Replies

8. Programming

Issue with make, no rule to make target etc.

I have been trying to split up my src directory to clear out files that are not re-compiled very often. Now I have the following setup in my trunk, trunk/bld trunk/src/ trunk/src/src_server trunk/makefile.linux In the make file, I have compile rules SOURCELOC = src # compile src c++... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make Alias?

Dear all, I'm new in unix systm , I try to write alias script: alias hr= cd/home/hmi/bin/Log and this work, but when i quit from unix and login again, this can't work again. how to create alias that can work anytime thank you (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
19 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a filename containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)