Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pcap.h
Top Forums Programming pcap.h Post 302078134 by Freddie on Wednesday 28th of June 2006 08:18:12 AM
Old 06-28-2006
If you have pcap.h in /usr/include type:
#include <pcap.h>

If you don't have pcap.h in /usr/include:
download it (but i can't help you to find it, I don't know where you can find it, ask it someone), save it in the directory of the source program that use pcap.h and in this source type:
#include pcap.h

Freddie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Compiling Pcap.c

I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this but hopefully someone can atleast point me in the right direction if they can't help me. I am trying to install the Net::Pcap module for perl from Tim Potter version .04. I have installed gcc 2.95.3 on my Solaris 8 box. I am sure it's just... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TioTony
6 Replies

2. Programming

Filtering paquets with pcap.h

Hello everybody!! I am currently doing my intership and I need some tips for Pcap.h. I search some tips tp filter my paquets in a C program with the Pcap.h librairy. The onlys thing I have found is thaht I can filter low level protocol with their name like (tcp/udp..). But for the higher... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danathane
3 Replies

3. Programming

Pcap.h Sniffing

Can someone please help me figure out how to use pcap.h to sniff packets between only 2 computers whose mac addresses are know? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: papabearcares
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pcap.h Sniffing

Can someone please help me figure out how to use pcap.h to sniff packets between only 2 computers whose mac addresses are know? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: papabearcares
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering pcap files

Hi, I am new at UNIX and programing in general and only have a basic knowledge of C++. I am helping out with some research at a college and was given the task to sort through captured packets via IP addresses. I was wondering if anyone could help me with writing a code which filters through pcap... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hershey101
1 Replies

6. Programming

searching through pcap files

Hi, I am new at UNIX and programing in general and only have a basic knowledge of C++. I am helping out with some research at a college and was given the task to sort through captured packets via IP addresses. I was wondering if anyone could help me with writing a code which filters through pcap... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hershey101
4 Replies

7. Programming

Packet capturing using pcap

Hi, i am using a linux CentOS machine. I have 2 real network interfaces eth0, eth1 and 2 virtual interfaces tap0 and tap1. I am using PCAP library to capture the packets on theses interfaces. If i specify the interface as "any", i cannot find a way to know from which interface the packet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulnitk2004
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sampling pcap file

Hi, I have a standard pcap file created using tcpdump. The file looks like 06:49:36.487629 IP 202.1.175.252 > 71.126.222.64: ICMP echo request, id 52765, seq 1280, length 40 06:49:36.489552 IP 192.120.148.227 > 71.126.222.64: ICMP echo request, id 512, seq 1280, length 40 06:49:36.491812 IP... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajal.bhatia
8 Replies

9. Programming

Ascii vs Pcap tracing

Dear All, Which is better to use ? Ascii or Pcap tracing ? Or are they complementary ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knowledgeSeeker
1 Replies

10. Programming

PCAP -> PFRING

Hi I have a program that captures packets with the libpcap library by calling the pcap-functions, e.g. pcap_next(...). I would like to use PF_RING for the program and therefore I would have to adjust the calling functions to pfring_open(...) pfring_recv(...) I'm pretty knew in network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freaky123
0 Replies
PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)											       PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_set_tstamp_type - set the time stamp type to be used by a capture device SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_set_tstamp_type(pcap_t *p, int tstamp_type); DESCRIPTION
pcap_set_tstamp_type() sets the the type of time stamp desired for packets captured on the pcap descriptor to the type specified by tstamp_type. It must be called on a pcap descriptor created by pcap_create() that has not yet been activated by pcap_activate(). pcap_list_tstamp_types() will give a list of the time stamp types supported by a given capture device. See pcap-tstamp(7) for a list of all the time stamp types. RETURN VALUE
pcap_set_tstamp_type() returns 0 on success if the specified time stamp type is expected to be supported by the capture device, PCAP_WARN- ING_TSTAMP_TYPE_NOTSUP on success if the specified time stamp type is not supported by the capture device, PCAP_ERROR_ACTIVATED if called on a capture handle that has been activated, and PCAP_ERROR_CANTSET_TSTAMP_TYPE if the capture device doesn't support setting the time stamp type. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), pcap_list_tstamp_types(3PCAP), pcap_tstamp_type_name_to_val(3PCAP), pcap-tstamp(7) 21 August 2010 PCAP_SET_TSTAMP_TYPE(3PCAP)