Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using cp command inside shell scrip Post 302077211 by yoavbe on Tuesday 20th of June 2006 12:35:59 PM
Old 06-20-2006
Using cp command inside shell scrip

Hi,
First i would like to say that im a unix begginer.

I have a file named /tmp/sample.lst that contain about 20 rows like the following two :
'/tmp/aa.txt' '/temp/aa.txt'
'/tmp/xx.txt' '/temp/xx.txt'

Inside a ksh script i would like to do the following task:
add the cp command at the begging of each line, and after that check if the
copy command successed.

for example:

cp `cat /tmp/sample.lst`

if [ st$ -eq != 0 ]
then
echo "fail"
else
echo "success"
fi

Could one demonstraite how to run through the lines and check if each copy
succeded ?
Thank You Very Much !!!!
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute an Oracle stored procedure from a shell scrip

Here is a snippet of my code: if then echo "\n Deleting all reports older than 24 hours. \n" >> $logfile ls -l $FileName >> $logfile ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get the output of a grep command to a file inside a shell script

hi, i wat to get the output of a grep command in a file. but when i am trying out the same grep command in the unix prompt its working fine.. i am getting the output properly.. but when i am writing the same command inside my shell script , its just creating a new output file with no contents... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell - Command Inside a Loop

I have a command nested in some while loops to parse some data that looks something like this. while ($condition) while ($condition) ... gzcat /dir/$fileName.gz | grep $searchString > out_file end end On the first loop, the command is executed properly (and takes maybe 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hobbers
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to convert shell scrip to binaric command

here is a typical question for everyone ... How to convert a given shell script to binaric command along with its shell script switches. Any !dea (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to combine two files into one file using shell scrip

eg. file 1 has: 4 0 8628380 653253 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 8626407 655222 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 0 8633729 647892 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 0 8646253 635367 0 0 0 0 0 0 file 2 has: 4798 48717 11554 5408 56487 14359 6010 58415 15220 5541 41044... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor a command inside shell script

Hi All, Is there any way to monitor a command inside shell script ? I have a script inside which I have a tar command which zips around 200GB data. tar zcvf $Bckp_Dir/$Box-BaseBackup-$Day.tar.gz * --exclude 'dbserver_logs/*' --exclude postmaster.pid --exclude 'pg_xlog/*' I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussus2326
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Get file name in shell scrip loop: bad substitution

Hi guys. Good day, morning, afternoon or night, depending on where you live. I have a script shell in which I am looping on files (absolute path) see code section above. I always have an error: bad substitution. :wall: Is it because my variable file is the index of the loop and not a normal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soueric
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can i use if else inside expect command in shell script?

hii,, I am trying to automate jira. during my scripting using bash script, in the terminal i got the terminal message like this: "Configure which ports JIRA will use. JIRA requires two TCP ports that are not being used by any other applications on this machine. The HTTP port is where you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nithinfluent
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Scrip in Masking particular columns in .csv file or .txt file using shell script

Hello Unix Shell Script Experts, I have a script that would mask the columns in .csv file or .txt file. First the script will untar the .zip files from Archive folder and processes into work folder and finally pushes the masked .csv files into Feed folder. Two parameters are passed ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahesh G
5 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with shell scrip syntax errors

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: This script will analyse the channels.txt e registrations.txt and it will allow to mage the channels and the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demas
9 Replies
WWW::RobotRules(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					WWW::RobotRules(3)

NAME
WWW::RobotsRules - Parse robots.txt files SYNOPSIS
require WWW::RobotRules; my $robotsrules = new WWW::RobotRules 'MOMspider/1.0'; use LWP::Simple qw(get); $url = "http://some.place/robots.txt"; my $robots_txt = get $url; $robotsrules->parse($url, $robots_txt); $url = "http://some.other.place/robots.txt"; my $robots_txt = get $url; $robotsrules->parse($url, $robots_txt); # Now we are able to check if a URL is valid for those servers that # we have obtained and parsed "robots.txt" files for. if($robotsrules->allowed($url)) { $c = get $url; ... } DESCRIPTION
This module parses a /robots.txt file as specified in "A Standard for Robot Exclusion", described in <http://info.webcrawler.com/mak/projects/robots/norobots.html> Webmasters can use the /robots.txt file to disallow conforming robots access to parts of their web site. The parsed file is kept in the WWW::RobotRules object, and this object provides methods to check if access to a given URL is prohibited. The same WWW::RobotRules object can parse multiple /robots.txt files. The following methods are provided: $rules = WWW::RobotRules->new($robot_name) This is the constructor for WWW::RobotRules objects. The first argument given to new() is the name of the robot. $rules->parse($robot_txt_url, $content, $fresh_until) The parse() method takes as arguments the URL that was used to retrieve the /robots.txt file, and the contents of the file. $rules->allowed($uri) Returns TRUE if this robot is allowed to retrieve this URL. $rules->agent([$name]) Get/set the agent name. NOTE: Changing the agent name will clear the robots.txt rules and expire times out of the cache. ROBOTS.TXT The format and semantics of the "/robots.txt" file are as follows (this is an edited abstract of <http://info.webcrawler.com/mak/projects/robots/norobots.html>): The file consists of one or more records separated by one or more blank lines. Each record contains lines of the form <field-name>: <value> The field name is case insensitive. Text after the '#' character on a line is ignored during parsing. This is used for comments. The following <field-names> can be used: User-Agent The value of this field is the name of the robot the record is describing access policy for. If more than one User-Agent field is present the record describes an identical access policy for more than one robot. At least one field needs to be present per record. If the value is '*', the record describes the default access policy for any robot that has not not matched any of the other records. Disallow The value of this field specifies a partial URL that is not to be visited. This can be a full path, or a partial path; any URL that starts with this value will not be retrieved ROBOTS.TXT EXAMPLES The following example "/robots.txt" file specifies that no robots should visit any URL starting with "/cyberworld/map/" or "/tmp/": User-agent: * Disallow: /cyberworld/map/ # This is an infinite virtual URL space Disallow: /tmp/ # these will soon disappear This example "/robots.txt" file specifies that no robots should visit any URL starting with "/cyberworld/map/", except the robot called "cybermapper": User-agent: * Disallow: /cyberworld/map/ # This is an infinite virtual URL space # Cybermapper knows where to go. User-agent: cybermapper Disallow: This example indicates that no robots should visit this site further: # go away User-agent: * Disallow: / SEE ALSO
LWP::RobotUA, WWW::RobotRules::AnyDBM_File libwww-perl-5.65 2001-04-20 WWW::RobotRules(3)