Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: The > symbol
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers The > symbol Post 302076400 by tayyabq8 on Tuesday 13th of June 2006 12:20:02 AM
Old 06-13-2006
Try Delete key or Ctrl+C or Ctrl + z to come out of that command and bring your prompt back.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unresolved symbol ???

when I make ncftp 111.111.1.2 I just get problems like ... /usr/lib/dld.sl unresolved symbol:inet_ntop (code) does anybody know what is the problem and how to solve this? thx.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svennie
2 Replies

2. Programming

no symbol table

Hi@all, I try to compile c code on hpux 11.11 pa-risc 2 with gcc (32bit). I compile with the option -g, so that I get the symbol table, but it is not available. Does someone knows something on this? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dom_Cyrus
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append with TM symbol

I have a file with delimiter ";" and 2 columns for eg: Transparent; ScotchPro™ If you see carefully you can see a special character "TM" at the end of data which is not showing up when I read the data in a regular sequential file. Did anyone anytime tackle this kind of Data. Please advice.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
1 Replies

4. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbol reference

Hi, test -d .ssh || mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh The command has couple of symbols, could someone redirect me to the link, where i can understand their significance. Thanks, John (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john_prince
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Words after / symbol

Hi, I have the following directory: /home/dragon/websphere/cells/profile/imp/001/ I want to put this in a shell script and get the values before and after cells by removing the '/' Any idea how to make this possible? Regards, Dinesh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

caret symbol

Hi! I need to know where is the caret symbol (^) on the keyboard. I press Shift+6 and does not appear!! Thank you very much. Removed email address - all should benefit of an answer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: labultet
1 Replies

8. Programming

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

On £ symbol

Hi All, How do i represent £ symbol in unix and how to retain £ symbol in file. Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
3 Replies
LPE(1)							      General Commands Manual							    LPE(1)

NAME
lpe - Lightweight programmer's editor SYNOPSIS
lpe [ --help | --version ] lpe [--mode <mode>] [ -- ] file DESCRIPTION
Lpe is a small, fast, visual text editor designed to make editing code easier. It provides simultaneously all the features that may be required in a good code editor while preserving a light and intuitive feel that makes it nice to use. Options --help Prints a brief description of program usage and terminates. This must be the first option to lpe, and all other options are ignored. --version Prints a message indication the program version and terminates. This must be the first option to lpe, and all other options are ignored. --mode Sets the buffer mode to the one specified, instead of scanning for a suitable mode from those available. -- Treat future arguments as file names, not options. This allows lpe to be used to edit files starting with the - character. NOTES
What follows are the control key functions for lpe. Arrow keys, home, end, backspace, delete and the like all do as they would be expected to do. Some control keys are bound to the same function as some standard movement keys, such as home or page down. This is because the more intuitive keys may not be available on some systems. Command Keys Ctrl-Q Move cursor to beginning of line (alternative to Home) Ctrl-W Move cursor to end of line (alternative to End) Ctrl-R Scroll one screen up (alternative to PgUp) Ctrl-T Scroll one screen down (alternative to PgDn) Ctrl-O Move to the next word Ctrl-P Move to the previous word Ctrl-K Kill the current line Ctrl-Y or Ctrl-U Insert the most recent block of killed lines Ctrl-S Search for a specified string in the file Ctrl-A Search again for the last search query Ctrl-F Ctrl-O Open a new file to replace the current buffer Ctrl-F Ctrl-S Save the buffer to disk Ctrl-F Ctrl-A Save to disk with an alternate file name Ctrl-F Ctrl-R Read a file and insert it at the current cursor position Ctrl-F Ctrl-E Pretend that a buffer hasn't been modified Ctrl-B Ctrl-S Set the mode of the current buffer Ctrl-B Ctrl-T Toggle between hard and soft tabs for this buffer Ctrl-B Ctrl-A Toggle automatic indentation of this buffer Ctrl-G Ctrl-A Go to the first line of the buffer Ctrl-G Ctrl-S Go to the last line of the buffer Ctrl-G Ctrl-G Go to a specific line number of the buffer Ctrl-N Ctrl-R Enter a value for the command repeater Ctrl-N Ctrl-T Multiply the command repeater value by four Ctrl-N Ctrl-O Start or stop recording a macro Ctrl-N Ctrl-P Play back the last recorded macro Ctrl-V Ctrl-V Pass the entire buffer through a shell command Ctrl-V Ctrl-A Pass the entire buffer through an awk script Ctrl-V Ctrl-S Pass the entire buffer through a sed script Ctrl-V Ctrl-B Pass several lines of the buffer through a shell command Ctrl-V Ctrl-D Pass several lines of the buffer through an awk script Ctrl-V Ctrl-F Pass several lines of the buffer through a sed script Ctrl-D Perform an internal debug command Ctrl-X Write the buffer to disk and exit <interrupt> Exit without writing to disk Ctrl-Z Suspend the editor and escape to a prompt Ctrl-L Erase and redraw the entire screen <interrupt> refers to your terminal's interrupt key. This is often Ctrl-C, but can vary between terminals. Ctrl-Z, on the other hand, is fixed, regardless of the normal stop key for your terminal. MODULES
Although lpe is meant to be small, it has the capability of performing more advanced actions through a feature known as buffer modes. Buf- fer modes allow lpe to act differently according to the programming language in the current buffer. They are implemented through language modules, which are loaded at run-time by lpe to handle buffers that they apply to. All language modules should be placed in a module repository directory. These directories are set by the LPE_MODULE_PATH environment vari- able, which should be a colon-separated list of directories (similar to PATH). If this variable is not set, then lpe scans for modules in the following locations, and in this order: $HOME/.lpe /usr/local/lib/lpe /usr/lib/lpe /etc/lpe Note that the /etc/lpe directory is old, obsolete, and non-standard. It should not be used to hold modules. As modules are binary files and are specific to the architecture that uses them, they should be properly placed in the lib directories listed above. These locations are scanned at run-time, and any regular files in them are interpreted as potential language modules for use by lpe. Sub- directories will not be scanned. A buffer will be assigned the first mode found that applies to that file, so for example a mode in a user's home directory will override one in the system-wide lib directory. SEE ALSO
emacs(1), pico(1) AUTHOR
Chris Smith, cd_smith@ou.edu BUGS
Lots of 'em -- see the BUGS file in the distribution for a partial list. I am not planning on updating this man page often enough to keep up with the bug list, so I won't even try to list bugs here. 12 December 1998 LPE(1)