Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to view users in unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to view users in unix Post 302076199 by qfwfq on Friday 9th of June 2006 03:44:01 PM
Old 06-09-2006
You can also use awk.

Code:
awk -F: '{ print $1 }' /etc/passwd

You can change the value to list anything from the password file. For example, this will show all UID in /etc/passwd file:

Code:
awk -F: '{ print $3 }' /etc/passwd

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix code - how to view? What is it?

I'm getting curious about making some of my own commands. I know this is realtively easy with script files and combining various unix standard commands. Is there a way to view the code that is used for these standard commands..i.e. how do I see what code is used for the 'join' command. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View TIFF images from UNIX

I am new to unix. I want to know if there is any tool or plugin available for AIX unix system through which a user can see the TIFF images. Below are the details: Our application runs on AIX Unix box. The users log in to the application through telnet clients running on Windows 2000/XP systems.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erpankajgupta
1 Replies

3. Programming

how to view symbol table in unix

hi , How to view the contents of a "c" program symbol table information in unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanan_nitt
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to view .tar file in unix

Guys, Could anyone let me know, how we can see the contents of .tar file without extracting it. I know the extracting and combine options Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to view the unix logs in windows ??

Hi ! I have a FTP site, where I softlinked my server log file. Now I want to view the logs in IE as I do in unix Some kind of free tool should be there, Can somebody provide me a pointer. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for to view all users & groups history in root

Dear All, I want to know all users & group history in one file, for root terminal through shell or any other option (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpoobathi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to view unix file ?

Hi to all, 1- I'm trying to open a certain file in unix with the tool KEA! 2- i get to the correct folder with the CD command 3- Once in the correct directory i try the following unix command: vi NameOfFile.Z 4- Yes those files finish with a .Z 5 - I get something in the KEA!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchoniathon
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

View CrobJobs used by all users

Hi I am using UNIX . I do not have root acces . How do i check different users cronjobs .Is there any command to check using mutiple users in one shot With user : AAA i can get all cronjob using crontab -l AAA similarly with user BBB i can get all cron entries . For that i need to login as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)