Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to view users in unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to view users in unix Post 302076194 by jerome on Friday 9th of June 2006 01:40:29 PM
Old 06-09-2006
Yeah, thats the first thing I heard about unix. "Almost all or even all files are not just file, they are system files so be carefull in deleting them".

Thanks thestevew for the info and reminders!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix code - how to view? What is it?

I'm getting curious about making some of my own commands. I know this is realtively easy with script files and combining various unix standard commands. Is there a way to view the code that is used for these standard commands..i.e. how do I see what code is used for the 'join' command. I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View TIFF images from UNIX

I am new to unix. I want to know if there is any tool or plugin available for AIX unix system through which a user can see the TIFF images. Below are the details: Our application runs on AIX Unix box. The users log in to the application through telnet clients running on Windows 2000/XP systems.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erpankajgupta
1 Replies

3. Programming

how to view symbol table in unix

hi , How to view the contents of a "c" program symbol table information in unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanan_nitt
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to view .tar file in unix

Guys, Could anyone let me know, how we can see the contents of .tar file without extracting it. I know the extracting and combine options Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to view the unix logs in windows ??

Hi ! I have a FTP site, where I softlinked my server log file. Now I want to view the logs in IE as I do in unix Some kind of free tool should be there, Can somebody provide me a pointer. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for to view all users & groups history in root

Dear All, I want to know all users & group history in one file, for root terminal through shell or any other option (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpoobathi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to view unix file ?

Hi to all, 1- I'm trying to open a certain file in unix with the tool KEA! 2- i get to the correct folder with the CD command 3- Once in the correct directory i try the following unix command: vi NameOfFile.Z 4- Yes those files finish with a .Z 5 - I get something in the KEA!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchoniathon
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

View CrobJobs used by all users

Hi I am using UNIX . I do not have root acces . How do i check different users cronjobs .Is there any command to check using mutiple users in one shot With user : AAA i can get all cronjob using crontab -l AAA similarly with user BBB i can get all cron entries . For that i need to login as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
5 Replies
MBK_WORK_LIB(1) 					     MBK ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES						   MBK_WORK_LIB(1)

NAME
MBK_WORK_LIB - define the mbk working directory SYNOPSYS
c-shell running setenv MBK_WORK_LIB unix path ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr DESCRIPTION
MBK_WORK_LIB sets the directory where are saved the results of an invocation of mbk or genlib. This directory is considered to be, from an mbk point of view, read and write. Also, when a file is searched for reading, the first directory to be looked at is the MBK_WORK_LIB, and then the one defined in MBK_CATA_LIB(1). The unix path argument must be a actually accessible path on your host machine. ERRORS
"mbk_fopen : can't open file 'unix_path/file.xx'" This occurs when either the unix path is irrelevent, or when the file doesn't exist if it is open for reading, or when you don't have the right on the file or directory while trying to write it. EXAMPLE
setenv MBK_WORK_LIB ~fred/crechan/uom SEE ALSO
mbk(3), genlib(1), MBK_CATA_LIB(1). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 MBK_WORK_LIB(1)