Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting convert date format YYYYMMDD to MM/DD/YYYY Post 302075987 by vino on Thursday 8th of June 2006 01:35:53 AM
Old 06-08-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirgondal
In my shell script i have a variable which stores date in the format of YYYYMMDD. Is there any way to format this value to MM/DD/YYYY.

Thanks.
You have broken a rule by duplicating your thread. The other one is here - https://www.unix.com/post-here-to-contact-site-administrators-and-moderators/28120-changing-format-date.html.

Using shell script.
Code:
#! /bin/ksh

format=YYYYMMDD

YEAR=${format%????}
DAY=${format#??????}
MON=${format#$YEAR}
MON=${MON%$DAY}
echo $MON/$DAY/$YEAR

Using sed.
Code:
echo "YYYYMMDD" | sed -n -e "s_\(....\)\(..\)\(..\)_\2/\3/\1_p"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to convert the string YYYYMMDD into YYYY.MM.DD

how to convert the string YYYYMMDD into YYYY.MM.DD Please advice (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spatra
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format date from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYYMMDD

I have a file with some date columns in MM/DD/YYYY format: SMPBR|DUP-DO NOT USE|NEW YORK||16105|BA5270715|6/6/2007 |MWERNER|109||||JOHN||SMITH|MD|72211118||||||74559|21 WILMINGTON RD||D|11/6/2003|SL# MD CONTACT-LIZ RICHARDS|||0|Y|N||1411458| And I want to convert the date format to: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL String to Date (Custom format yyyymmdd to dd-mon-yyyy)

Hi All, I am learning PERL for one of the projects, and in one of these scripts, I read a flat text file and print in the terminal. The problem is, the text file has a date field. The format is yyyymmdd. I need to display this as dd-mon-yyyy. Any ideas to do this? Thanks a lot for the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Date from YYYYMMDD to DD-MON-YYYY

Hi , I need to convert date from YYYYMMDD to DD-MON-YYYY e.g 20111214 to 14-Dec-2011 Please help. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ady_koolz
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert any date format into yyyy/mm/dd

How can I convert any user inputted date into yyyy/mm/dd ? For example user can input date one of the following 20120121 , 2012-01-21 ,01/21/2012,01/21/2012 etc But I need to convert any of the date entered by user into yyyy/mm/dd (2012/01/2012). Any suggestion. Thanks in advance this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZeroHedge
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date column as yyyy/mm/dd format

Hi All, I have file like “April 10, 2013”,”raj” “April 29, 2013”,”raj1” Output : “2013/04/10”,”raj” “2013/04/29”,”raj1” Please help me how to do... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date in dd mm yyyy format to UNIX timestamp

Hello All, I have a date in DD/MM/YYYY format. I am trying to convert this into unix timestamp. I have tried following: date -d $mydate +%s where mydate = 23/12/2016 00:00:00 I am getting following error: date: extra operand `+%s' Try `date --help' for more information. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angshuman
1 Replies

8. Programming

Date format change from mm/dd/yyyy to yyyymmdd in comma seperate line in perl

Hi All, I have line ,A,FDRM0002,12/21/2017,,0.961751583,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it contains date in mm/dd/yyyy format i want to change this to yyyymmdd format using perl. Use code tags, thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal0746
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert string (YYYYMMDD) format to date in Sun OS

Hi All I need help in converting a string of YYYYMMDD format to date in Sun OS and then find out if the day is a Wednesday or not. The "date -d" option is not working and your help is much appreciated. The date command usage from the operating system we use here is as follows: usage: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SK123
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Convert string (YYYYMMDD) format to date in Sun OS

Hi All I need help in converting a string of YYYYMMDD format to date in Sun OS and then find out if the day is a Wednesday or not. The "date -d" option is not working and your help is much appreciated. The date command usage from the operating system we use here is as follows: Thanks, SK (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SK123
11 Replies
iCal::Parser::HTML(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   iCal::Parser::HTML(3pm)

NAME
iCal::Parser::HTML - Generate HTML calendars from iCalendars SYNOPSIS
use iCal::Parser::HTML; my $parser=iCal::Parser::HTML->new; print $parser->parse(type=>$type,start=>$date,files=>[@icals]); DESCRIPTION
This module uses iCal::Parser::SAX and XML::LibXSLT with included stylesheets to generates html calendars from icalendars. The html document generated includes (when appropriate) a sidebar containing a legend, a list of todos and a three month calendar for the previous, current and next months. The stylesheets are stored in the HTML/stylesheet directory under the installed package directory. Also included in this package are an optionally installed command line program "ical2html" in scripts and, in the example directory, a cgi handler ("ical.cgi" in examples) and a stylesheet ("calendar.css" in examples) for formatting the html output. Note that the html output will look quite broken without the stylesheet. ARGUMENTS
The following arguments are processed by this module. Any addtional arguments are passed to iCal::Parser::SAX. type The type of calendar to generate. One of: "day", "week", "month" or "year". The daily, weekly and monthly calendars include the sidebar. The calendar generated will be for the specified period (day, week, etc.) which includes the specified date. start The date to generated the calendar for. The date only needs to be specified to the precision necessary for the type of calendar. That is, "YYYY" for a yearly calendar, "YYYYMM" for a monthly, and "YYYYMMDD" for daily and weekly. In addition, the date can be in one of the following forms: YYYY[MM[DD]] YYYY[-MM[-DD]] A DateTime object initialized to the necessary precision files An array reference to the list of icalendars to include in the results. url If this params is specified, then the html output will contain links back to this url for getting other calendar periods. The params "type" and "date" will be appended to this url when generating the links. AUTHOR
Rick Frankel, cpan@rickster.com COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
iCal::Parser::SAX, XML::LibXML::SAX::Builder, XML::LibXSLT, DateTime perl v5.14.2 2012-01-25 iCal::Parser::HTML(3pm)