Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting #/usr/bin/csh -f not working as expected? Post 302075425 by effigy on Friday 2nd of June 2006 05:15:53 PM
Old 06-02-2006
Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the delay: I was on vacation. Here is some more information:

1. There is also a "b" switch, but this shouldn't affect the "f"? ("-fb")
2. The script is called from a third-party application; how it does it, I'm not sure. I imagine this could be a factor, but how can one call a shell script without honoring the switches?

Thanks for your help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory when doing crontab

I just set up an ftp server with Red Hat 5.2. I am doing the work, I'm baby stepping, but it seems like every step I get stuck. Currently, I'm trying to set up a crontab job, but I'm getting the following message: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory. I see that vi exists in /bin/vi,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
3 Replies

2. Solaris

/usr/bin/cut not working with largefiles on Solaris 10

I have a person running a perl script that is parsing > 2G log files and pipes to cut -d " " -f 1,6,7,8... The script itself is in a nfs mounted home directory. It runs fine when started from a solaris 8 box but fails after about 400 lines when started from the solaris 10 box. The solaris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wottie
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How do I link ld in /usr/ucb/ to /usr/ccs/bin?

Hi all, below is the problem details: ora10g@CNORACLE1>which ld /usr/ucb/ld ora10g@CNORACLE1>cd /usr/ccs/bin ora10g@CNORACLE1>ln -s /usr/ucb/ld ld ln: cannot create ld: File exists ora10g@CNORACLE1> how to link it to /usr/ccs/bin? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

/usr/bin/find && -exec /bin/rm never work as expected

hi there, Would you able to advise that why the syntax or statement below couldn't work as expected ? /usr/bin/find /backup -name "*tar*" -mtime +2 -exec /bin/rm -f {} \; 1> /dev/null 2>&1 In fact, I was initially located it as in crontab job, but it doesn't work at all. So, I was... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
9 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

6. Solaris

What is the difference between xpg4/bin and usr/bin?

Hi Experts, I found that the same commands(sort, du, df, find, grep etc.) exists in both dir. What is the difference to use them? i.e: to use xpg4/bin/grep and usr/bin/grep My OS version is SunOS 5.10 Regards, Saps (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

/usr/local/bin/expr function not working

Legends, I am not able to set "expr" function in ksh script. Below is the sample code i used, and output is as "Syntax error" Please help me to come out of it. OUTPUT (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested if not working with /usr/xpg4/bin/awk

Hi, I am trying to do if inside the If in /usr/xpg4/bin/awk. But I am getting below error : /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -v a="${THREADIDARR }" 'BEGIN {FS="|"; n=split(a,b," "); for(i=1; i<=n; i++) c]=1;} length($3) == 0{ftag == 1{{print}}; length($3) != 0{$3 in c{ftag=1;print;} !$3 in c{ftag=0;}}'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
4 Replies

9. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies
VACATION(1)						      General Commands Manual						       VACATION(1)

NAME
vacation - return ``I am on vacation'' indication SYNOPSIS
vacation -I vacation user DESCRIPTION
Vacation returns a message to the sender of a message telling that you are on vacation. The intended use is in a .forward file. For exam- ple, your .forward file might have: eric, "|vacation eric" which would send messages to you (assuming your login name was eric) and send a message back to the sender. Vacation expects a file .vacation.msg in your home directory containing a message to be sent back to each sender. It should be an entire message (including headers). For example, it might say: From: eric@ucbmonet.Berkeley.EDU (Eric Allman) Subject: I am on vacation Delivered-By-The-Graces-Of: the Vacation program I am on vacation until July 22. If you have something urgent, please contact Joe Kalash <kalash@ucbingres.Berkeley.EDU>. --eric This message will only be sent once a week to each unique sender. The people who have sent you messages are kept in the files .vaca- tion.pag and .vacation.dir in your home directory. The -I option initializes these files, and should be executed before you modify your .forward file. If the -I flag is not specified, vacation reads the first line from the standard input for a UNIX-style ``From'' line to determine the sender. If this is not present, a nasty diagnostic is produced. Sendmail(8) includes the ``From'' line automatically. No message is sent if the initial ``From'' line includes the string ``-REQUEST@'' or if a ``Precedence: bulk'' or ``Precedence: junk'' line is included in the header. SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) 4.3 Berkeley Distribution June 16, 1985 VACATION(1)