Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HOw to find and copy
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers HOw to find and copy Post 302073908 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 18th of May 2006 01:41:56 PM
Old 05-18-2006
You need to work out the -mtime +<days> and -mtime -<days>
The +<days> = older than, -<days> = younger than

Code:
find /path/to/files -mtime -30 -mtime +13 -print | \
while read file
do
     cp  "$file"  /new/path/`basename "$file"`
done

You may want to mess around with just the first line, until it prints the correct files for you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need to help to find and copy to a file

I am trying to search for files and copy them into a text file. Can anybody help me how to do that. find /test/sds/data -name "*.*" -mtime -365 -exec ls -altr {} \ this is my find command and want to copy the result to a file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pujars1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Find All/Copy Script

Hi Gang, I am an old unix user and just recently returned in the flavor of a Mac. I have tons of pictures in the .orf format and would like to write a script to: Search the Hard drives for that file type Then, depending on date, copy it to a specific folder If there is an exact... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlfx
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find and copy files from one directory to another

Ok i have three directories Destination - /u/dir1 (has subdirectories dir2 which also has subdirectory dir3) Source1 - /u/test/files/dir1/dir2/dir3 Source2 - /u/out/images/dir1/dir2/dir3 What i would like to do is copy everything from Source1 and Source2 into the Destination directory.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy25
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files and then copy them to another

I must write any shell script. I want find files which have .txt extension and then copy them to other, whithout this extension, for example: I found linux.out.txt file, and now it must be copy to new, linux.out. So: linux.out.txt -> linux.out ubuntu.config.txt -> ubuntu.config ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: piespluto
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with find and copy command

I entered the following command find . -type f \( -newer startdate -a ! -newer enddate \) -exec cp tmp {} \; I got the following error: cp: 0653-436 tmp is a directory. Specify -r or -R to copy. What's happening here? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and copy

> Advice please as much as possible to fill in large file in various folder to the server > Folder structure /www/1.org/htdocs /www/2.org/htdocs /www/3.org/htdocs > Can tell me there is a way to fill in large file into htdocs, and then climb > In each Diru and load for a long time. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lol100
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and copy these files to particular directory

RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.4 I have some files with the extension .cdp in several directories in various mountpoints(filesystems) . I would like to find and copy all these files into a single directory /u03/diagnore/data. How can I do this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with find and copy

Hi , As i am a dummy in shell scripting ,i was trying to find the files which are created today and hold them in variable and the copy them to a location using a partcular command this is what did. can any one help.There may be many files under the path SOURCE=/path/to/files/ A= find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ls to find to copy

I am looking to do the following: In a folder with multiple files in it, take the listing (ls) and search another directory for there file names, then take that output and copy the files out. This is to update a webpage. So a dev writes a new file and puts it in an update folder then i copy... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darbs121
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Copy Directories ONLY

I am trying to copy only the date specific folders/directories using the following command. However, the following copy command is also copying files from the root folder (OriginalFolder). find /OriginalFolder/ -type -d \{ -mtime 1 -o -mtime 2 \ } -exec cp -R {} /CopyTo/'hostname'__CopyTo/ \;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apacheLinux
2 Replies
fslint-gui(1)							   User Commands						     fslint-gui(1)

NAME
fslint-gui - A GUI wrapper for the individual fslint command line tools SYNOPSIS
fslint-gui [OPTIONS] [PATHS] DESCRIPTION
fslint is a toolset to find various problems with filesystems, including duplicate files and problematic filenames etc. Individual command line tools are available in addition to the GUI and to access them, one can change to, or add to $PATH the /usr/share/fslint/fslint directory on a standard install. Each of these commands in that directory have a --help option which further details its parameters. findup - find DUPlicate files findnl - find Name Lint (problems with filenames) findu8 - find filenames with invalid utf8 encoding findbl - find Bad Links (various problems with symlinks) findsn - find Same Name (problems with clashing names) finded - find Empty Directories findid - find files with dead user IDs findns - find Non Stripped executables findrs - find Redundant Whitespace in files findtf - find Temporary Files findul - find possibly Unused Libraries zipdir - Reclaim wasted space in ext2 directory entries PARAMETERS
If [PATHS] are specified, they become the default search path, otherwise the current directory becomes the default. --version Display the fslint version and exit --help Display help for tool specific options AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <P@draigBrady.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2009 Padraig Brady <P@draigBrady.com>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details, which is available at www.gnu.org fslint July 2009 fslint-gui(1)