Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting #/usr/bin/csh -f not working as expected? Post 302073415 by Perderabo on Friday 12th of May 2006 05:10:53 PM
Old 05-12-2006
#! /usr/bin/csh -f
works for me on solaris. I created a .cshrc with "echo in .cshrc" and wrote a two line csh script with a similiar echo. Without the -f, I get both echo's. Put the -f back in, I get one echo. You must be invoking the script wrong... see: What does "#! /usr/bin/ksh" mean?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory when doing crontab

I just set up an ftp server with Red Hat 5.2. I am doing the work, I'm baby stepping, but it seems like every step I get stuck. Currently, I'm trying to set up a crontab job, but I'm getting the following message: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory. I see that vi exists in /bin/vi,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
3 Replies

2. Solaris

/usr/bin/cut not working with largefiles on Solaris 10

I have a person running a perl script that is parsing > 2G log files and pipes to cut -d " " -f 1,6,7,8... The script itself is in a nfs mounted home directory. It runs fine when started from a solaris 8 box but fails after about 400 lines when started from the solaris 10 box. The solaris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wottie
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How do I link ld in /usr/ucb/ to /usr/ccs/bin?

Hi all, below is the problem details: ora10g@CNORACLE1>which ld /usr/ucb/ld ora10g@CNORACLE1>cd /usr/ccs/bin ora10g@CNORACLE1>ln -s /usr/ucb/ld ld ln: cannot create ld: File exists ora10g@CNORACLE1> how to link it to /usr/ccs/bin? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

/usr/bin/find && -exec /bin/rm never work as expected

hi there, Would you able to advise that why the syntax or statement below couldn't work as expected ? /usr/bin/find /backup -name "*tar*" -mtime +2 -exec /bin/rm -f {} \; 1> /dev/null 2>&1 In fact, I was initially located it as in crontab job, but it doesn't work at all. So, I was... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
9 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

6. Solaris

What is the difference between xpg4/bin and usr/bin?

Hi Experts, I found that the same commands(sort, du, df, find, grep etc.) exists in both dir. What is the difference to use them? i.e: to use xpg4/bin/grep and usr/bin/grep My OS version is SunOS 5.10 Regards, Saps (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

/usr/local/bin/expr function not working

Legends, I am not able to set "expr" function in ksh script. Below is the sample code i used, and output is as "Syntax error" Please help me to come out of it. OUTPUT (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested if not working with /usr/xpg4/bin/awk

Hi, I am trying to do if inside the If in /usr/xpg4/bin/awk. But I am getting below error : /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -v a="${THREADIDARR }" 'BEGIN {FS="|"; n=split(a,b," "); for(i=1; i<=n; i++) c]=1;} length($3) == 0{ftag == 1{{print}}; length($3) != 0{$3 in c{ftag=1;print;} !$3 in c{ftag=0;}}'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
4 Replies

9. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)