Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep by column-Please help!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Grep by column-Please help! Post 302071422 by vino on Wednesday 19th of April 2006 11:14:50 AM
Old 04-19-2006
Code:
 awk -F, '{ if ($6 == 52) print $0 }' input.txt

The grep solution looks ugly.

Code:
grep "^[^,]*,[^,]*,[^,]*,[^,]*,[^,]*,52," input.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep by column number

I have a data file that is arranged like this: Marketing Ranjit Singh Eagles Dean Johnson FULL Marketing Ken Whillans Eagles Karen Thompson FULL Sales Peter RobertsonGolden TigersRich Gardener PART President Sandeep Jain Wimps Ken Whillans CONT... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitman247m
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column grep

hi everyone, I am looking for an easy way to extract columns from a text file based on a regular expression, kind of like grep but searching and returning columns instead. for example, suppose i have the following file, 'file.txt': A B C D B 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 5 6 7 8 9 2 3 8 9 0 I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: css136
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep but ignore first column

Hi, I need to perform a grep from a file, but ignore any results from the first column. For simplicity I have changed the actual data, but for arguments sake, I have a file that reads: MONACO Monaco ASMonaco MANUTD ManUtd ManchesterUnited NEWCAS NewcastleUnited NAC000 NAC ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danhodges99
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep 5 biggest column

please help, file1.txt id,week,ict,outgoing_call,blackberry_problem,gprs_problem,sms_problem,flash_problem,sinyal_lemah,blankspot,incoming_call,mms_problem,kualitas_suara,drop_call,data_probl em,cross_connect,connect_no_voice,vas_problem ,1,sumbagsel,96,127,52,70,28,29,21,18,18,8,5,3,0,0,3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radius
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to awk or grep the last column in file when date on column contains spaces?

Hi have a large spreadsheet which has 4 columns APM00111803814 server_2 96085 Corp IT Desktop and Apps APM00111803814 server_2 96085 Corp IT Desktop and Apps APM00111803814 server_2 96034 Storage Mgmt Team APM00111803814 server_2 96152 GWP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -v value in 2nd column

Trying to do a grep -v on a value in the 2nd column of text. So if the word apple appears in a line in the 2nd column, it would not show up when the file was cat. Seems like a simple enough operation but I just can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Are apples... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep from the third column?

PROL\tests_li004_developers:VAS:3543346:q34243,d3hs35,34bdf3,24sfgg,a3s234 Im trying to grep all text after VAS:3543346, so im trying to just have this q34243,d3hs35,34bdf3,24sfgg,a3s234 Im confused on how I would do this (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajetangay
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can grep a specific column?

Hello All I have an input file with data below. I would like to grep and display the data where 3rd column contains string or at least one character. Kindly please help me with this! Input: tjfa3|zznpou|224fdd.34.ff3.35 |Tiv|Otj|1 fgduul7|zznikj| ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DoveLu
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep A Column Based On Column Name

I have a file with two columns separated by white space. Dog Cat fido sneaky dopey poptart ears whisker barky herd Trying to list the words under the column named Dog. Tried a few variations of awk but can't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep values from column 2 in reference of column 1

Gents Is it possible to update the code to get the desired output files from the input list. I called variable to the first column. I need to consider the first column as key to grep the values in the second column according to the desired request. input list (attached ) output1 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
12 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)