Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: do i need these users?
Operating Systems Solaris do i need these users? Post 302071009 by csaunders on Tuesday 11th of April 2006 10:46:08 AM
Old 04-11-2006
do i need these users?

uucp:x:5:5:uucp Admin:/usr/lib/uucp:
nuucp:x:9:9:uucp Admin:/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/lib/uucp/uucico
smmsp:x:25:25:SendMail Message Submission Program:/:
listen:x:37:4:Network Admin:/usr/net/nls:
nobody:x:60001:60001:Nobody:/:
noaccess:x:60002:60002:No Access User:/:
nobody4:x:65534:65534:SunOS 4.x Nobody:/:

I have no idea what any of these accounts do... Would anyone find it unwise to remove these from the system?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no of users

Is there any way to find the number of unique users in a system other than who | cut -d" " -f1 | sort -u | wc -l ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Users

Is there a command to tell what applications certain users ran in past few months? And thier last login? This is on HPUX machine Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: catwomen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

users login

Hello everyone I need to send to a file the last command from all users who log in and log out by week or month. My questions are I can do it with the command or I need to do a script ? If the answer is I need to do a script, someone can help me because Im complete new to make a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Limiting SFTP Users While Not Limiting Regular Users?

Hi, I have searched the web and have come back with nothing that is satisfactory for what I require. SFTP is my corporations new file transfer standard. What I require is a method to lock down SFTP users to their directory (they may go to sub directories) while not restricting regular users. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Emancipator
2 Replies

5. Solaris

To restrict the users not to change the passwords for NIS users

Hi All, How to restrict the NIS users not to change their passwords in for NIS users?? and my NIS user is unable to login to at client location what could be the problem for this ? Any body can help me. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sharath Kumar
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Showing all users in 'users' and 'top' commands

Hi All, I work in a multi user environment where my school uses Red Hat Linux server. When I issue commands such as "top" or "users", I get to see what others are doing and what kinds of applications they are running (even ps -aux will give such information). "users" will let me know who else is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

users cannot switch with "su" to another users

Hi, i have a problem, itīs because users without belonging wheel group cannot switch to another user , when the password is introduced says not right password. The only solution for now is to add them to wheel users, but then i have another problem, they can login as root. Is there any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies
uusched(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       uusched(1M)

NAME
uusched - uucp file transport program scheduler SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/uucp/uusched [-u debug-level] [-x debug-level] DESCRIPTION
uusched is the uucp(1C) file transport scheduler. It is usually started by the daemon uudemon.hour that is started by cron(1M) from an entry in user uucp's crontab file: 11,41 * * * * /etc/uucp/uucp/uudemon.hour OPTIONS
The options are for debugging purposes only. debug-level is a number between 0 and 9. Higher numbers give more detailed debugging infor- mation: The following options are supported: -u debug-level Passes the -u debug-level option uucico(1M) as -x debug-level. -x debug-level Outputs debugging messages from uusched. FILES
/etc/uucp/Devices /etc/uucp/Permissions /etc/uucp/Systems /var/spool/locks/* /var/spool/uucp/* /var/spool/uucppublic/* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbnuu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
uucp(1C), uustat(1C), uux(1C), cron(1M), uucico(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 19 May 1993 uusched(1M)