Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to compile a c program by using gcc Post 302070858 by sanju23jan on Saturday 8th of April 2006 04:08:13 PM
Old 04-08-2006
Tools gcc

Just use

gcc -o file file.c

it will create an file.exe

and then run it as

./file.exe

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to compile using gcc...

I need to know how to make a binary with gcc. I know how to create an obj file, but I'm not quite sure what to do about the linking part. I've gotten this far "gcc -c somefile.c somefile.o" then I'm left with an object file, but I don't see any linking command line options. Does anyone know how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilprogrammer
4 Replies

2. Programming

Error in compile C by gcc

Hi all, I compile my c program and get following result hrnpfc01.c:1387: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1387: parse error before `,' hrnpfc01.c:1388: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1388: parse error before `,' hrnpfc01.c:1396: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1396: parse error before... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zico
4 Replies

3. AIX

RS/6000 gcc compile large file error

hi, everybody£º i have a question, pls help me¡£ OS : RS/6000 AIX 4.3.3 cPU : Powerpc,POWER3 compiler : gcc 3.2.3 source file £º 8M OS kernel : 32 bit (selecting at installing operating system, the hardware support 64 bit) when i compiling the large source file (8 M), i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
3 Replies

4. Programming

New to C/gcc compiler - compile error.

I am new to comiling c/c++ programs with gcc compilier unix - AIX version 5.3 gcc compiler version - 4.0.0 My makefile. # makefile 1.0 08/20/98 #CC = cc CC = gcc ESQL = esql CFLAGS = -Wall DBSLIB= DBSLIB=-L${INFORMIXDIR}/lib/esql -L${INFORMIXDIR}/lib `esql -libs` ALL = hds_near... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish
9 Replies

5. AIX

Compile gcc on AIX 5.2

I'm trying to compile gcc 3.4.6 on AIX 5.2 but I get this error: bison -t --name-prefix=java_ -o java/parse.c java/parse.y M4sugar requires GNU M4. Install it before installing M4sugar or set the M4 environment variable to its path name.make: *** Broken pipe gcc -c -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -W... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
7 Replies

6. Programming

compile a c program

I am trying to compile a c program on AIX 5.3L 64-bit unix. I have used this program in the past and it works. Does anybody know what this error means? /usr/local/bin> gcc get_epoch_secs.c get_epoch_secs gcc: get_epoch_secs: No such file or directory get_epoch_secs.c: In function... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
8 Replies

7. SuSE

Can't compile or install GCC

Hi all! I have posted in the Shell Programming Scripting Forum for a problem with the use of shc and so on... You can read it complete here: shell-programming-scripting/148510-problems-using-shc.html I think the problem is: that there aren't compiler installed on the SuSe 10.2 server,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Magius
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to compile httpd using gcc in RHEL?

Hi All, I am trying to compile httpd2.2.19 in RHEL5.5 using gcc version 4.1.2. This is first time I am trying to compile httpd in RHEL. I ran configure with below option ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-rewrite --enable-ssl=shared... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
0 Replies

10. Programming

I can't compile (gcc) in Solaris 11.3 non global zone

I can't compile anything, the final make error says "Command failed for target `install-recursive'", but I am not able to identify the root cause of that error, I tried with cc, gcc 4.5, also gcc 5.2, using make, using gmake 3.82, ld 5.11, gld 2.31... and I am totally stuck yet... please help, to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugar222
4 Replies
GO-CLEAN(1)						      General Commands Manual						       GO-CLEAN(1)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code SYNOPSIS
go clean [-i] [-r] [-n] [-x] [ packages ] DESCRIPTION
Clean removes object files from package source directories. The go command builds most objects in a temporary directory, so go clean is mainly concerned with object files left by other tools or by manual invocations of go build. Specifically, clean removes the following files from each of the source directories corresponding to the import paths: _obj/ old object directory, left from Makefiles _test/ old test directory, left from Makefiles _testmain.go old gotest file, left from Makefiles test.out old test log, left from Makefiles build.out old test log, left from Makefiles *.[568ao] object files, left from Makefiles DIR(.exe) from go build DIR.test(.exe) from go test -c MAINFILE(.exe) from go build MAINFILE.go In the list, DIR represents the final path element of the directory, and MAINFILE is the base name of any Go source file in the directory that is not included when building the package. OPTIONS
-i The -i flag causes clean to remove the corresponding installed archive or binary (what 'go install' would create). -n The -n flag causes clean to print the remove commands it would execute, but not run them. -r The -r flag causes clean to be applied recursively to all the dependencies of the packages named by the import paths. -x The -x flag causes clean to print remove commands as it executes them. For more about specifying packages, see go-packages(7). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO-CLEAN(1)