Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to compile a c program by using gcc Post 302070399 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 4th of April 2006 12:14:38 PM
Old 04-04-2006
1. this forum is really not for homework

2. if gcc reports syntax errors, that means the code needs to be changed.

3. gcc myfile.c compiles C code not C++ code.

4. g++ myfile.cpp compiles C++ code

C++ and C are very different languages, compilers that expect C (gcc) will not compile C++ code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to compile using gcc...

I need to know how to make a binary with gcc. I know how to create an obj file, but I'm not quite sure what to do about the linking part. I've gotten this far "gcc -c somefile.c somefile.o" then I'm left with an object file, but I don't see any linking command line options. Does anyone know how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilprogrammer
4 Replies

2. Programming

Error in compile C by gcc

Hi all, I compile my c program and get following result hrnpfc01.c:1387: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1387: parse error before `,' hrnpfc01.c:1388: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1388: parse error before `,' hrnpfc01.c:1396: stray '\' in program hrnpfc01.c:1396: parse error before... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zico
4 Replies

3. AIX

RS/6000 gcc compile large file error

hi, everybody£º i have a question, pls help me¡£ OS : RS/6000 AIX 4.3.3 cPU : Powerpc,POWER3 compiler : gcc 3.2.3 source file £º 8M OS kernel : 32 bit (selecting at installing operating system, the hardware support 64 bit) when i compiling the large source file (8 M), i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
3 Replies

4. Programming

New to C/gcc compiler - compile error.

I am new to comiling c/c++ programs with gcc compilier unix - AIX version 5.3 gcc compiler version - 4.0.0 My makefile. # makefile 1.0 08/20/98 #CC = cc CC = gcc ESQL = esql CFLAGS = -Wall DBSLIB= DBSLIB=-L${INFORMIXDIR}/lib/esql -L${INFORMIXDIR}/lib `esql -libs` ALL = hds_near... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish
9 Replies

5. AIX

Compile gcc on AIX 5.2

I'm trying to compile gcc 3.4.6 on AIX 5.2 but I get this error: bison -t --name-prefix=java_ -o java/parse.c java/parse.y M4sugar requires GNU M4. Install it before installing M4sugar or set the M4 environment variable to its path name.make: *** Broken pipe gcc -c -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -W... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
7 Replies

6. Programming

compile a c program

I am trying to compile a c program on AIX 5.3L 64-bit unix. I have used this program in the past and it works. Does anybody know what this error means? /usr/local/bin> gcc get_epoch_secs.c get_epoch_secs gcc: get_epoch_secs: No such file or directory get_epoch_secs.c: In function... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
8 Replies

7. SuSE

Can't compile or install GCC

Hi all! I have posted in the Shell Programming Scripting Forum for a problem with the use of shc and so on... You can read it complete here: shell-programming-scripting/148510-problems-using-shc.html I think the problem is: that there aren't compiler installed on the SuSe 10.2 server,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Magius
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to compile httpd using gcc in RHEL?

Hi All, I am trying to compile httpd2.2.19 in RHEL5.5 using gcc version 4.1.2. This is first time I am trying to compile httpd in RHEL. I ran configure with below option ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-rewrite --enable-ssl=shared... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
0 Replies

10. Programming

I can't compile (gcc) in Solaris 11.3 non global zone

I can't compile anything, the final make error says "Command failed for target `install-recursive'", but I am not able to identify the root cause of that error, I tried with cc, gcc 4.5, also gcc 5.2, using make, using gmake 3.82, ld 5.11, gld 2.31... and I am totally stuck yet... please help, to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugar222
4 Replies
g-wrap-config(1)					      General Commands Manual						  g-wrap-config(1)

NAME
g-wrap-config - script to get information about the installed version of G-Wrap SYNOPSIS
g-wrap-config [ --version ] [ --c-compile-args LANG | --c-link-args LANG | --guile-module-directory ] DESCRIPTION
g-wrap-config is a tool that is used to configure and determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link progams, libraries, and plugins that use G-Wrap. However, since G-Wrap 1.9, this tool has been deprecated in favor of pkg-config(1). New code should use the g-wrap-2.0-guile pkg-config module, g-wrap-config only exists for compatibility reasons. OPTIONS
--c-compile-args LANG Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program or library that uses the G-Wrap language binding for LANG. --c-link-args LANG Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program that uses the G-Wrap language binding for LANG. --version Prints the currently installed version of G-Wrap on standard output. EXAMPLES
gcc -o main.o $(g-wrap-config --c-compile-args guile) main.c is how you might use g-wrap-config to compile a C source file for an executable program. gcc -o my_app $(g-wrap-config --c-link-args guile) main.o util.o is how you might use g-wrap-config to link compiled objects into an executable program. AUTHOR
G-Wrap has been written by Andreas Rottmann, Rob Browning and Christopher Lee. This manual page was written by Andreas Rottmann, originally for the Debian Project. G-Wrap 1.9 2005-05-01 g-wrap-config(1)