Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH on AIX
Operating Systems AIX SSH on AIX Post 302070222 by ginoe on Monday 3rd of April 2006 07:48:33 AM
Old 04-03-2006
Hi,

AIX supports SSH.
First you have to check in the Openssh software is installed on your aix server.
# lslpp -l | grep ssh
openssh.base.client 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Commands
openssh.base.server 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Server
openssh.license 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell License
openssh.man.en_US 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell
openssh.base.client 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Commands
openssh.base.server 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Server

You should have a binary /usr/bin/ssh.
If these are not present on the server, then you have to install the ssh software.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ssh - Aix

Hi, Can u tell me how to execute a command at remote server using ssh What I need to do is , I have got 5 id files for 5 different remote servers and has to zip files in the remote servers using ssh and zip utility. ssh has been configured on the remote server , and i have got id... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
2 Replies

2. AIX

ssh and scp in aix 4.3.3

I'm using scp to copy files to another company via our 4.3.3 server. I am having transfer problems right at the transfer point in scp. Below are 2 debug outputs showing the bottleneck. The lower level debug preceeds the higher level debug output. It just seems to stop and refuses to transfer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldogbert
0 Replies

3. AIX

SSH on AIX?

It's not there. Is that normal? # man ssh Manual entry for ssh not found or not installed. # ssh ksh: ssh: not found. I need to do a sFTP to another host and I need to do it from my AIX system. Any solutions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

4. AIX

SSH have problem on AIX

When i logged in system by ssh but if failed.It have a warning "connection refused".Can you help me,please,thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iljimae
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to configure SSH in AIX?

Hi I want to configure SSH in AIX, what are the command and step... Please let me know....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dearsumon
1 Replies

6. AIX

SSH error on AIx after installation

Hello, I am having a new type of error after installation of ssh... I cannot run ssh # oslevel -r 5200-04 #lslpp -l | grep ssh openssh.base.client 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Commands openssh.base.server 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Server ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

7. AIX

SSH X on AIX

Hello everybody, I'm a new member on this forum. I have a problem on AIX 6. I can't have an X session from my PC to AIX server on any X progrm (putty,bitwise...). I've enabled X Forwarding with localhost:0 in putty, I've modified /etc/ssh_config and /etc/sshd_config files. AllowAgentForwarding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacorasta
2 Replies

8. AIX

Remove SSH at AIX

hi guys, I have a problem at my ssh, I dont have remove ssh from the my aix system. Command not work. smit remove Give me solutions guys.. thank you.. :D:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
3 Replies

9. AIX

Ssh problem on AIX 5.3

Hello, I have a weird ssh problem from host A to host B. Both hosts A and B running AIX 5.3. if host-A has no ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub & ~/.ssh/id_rsa then it works fine. If I connect from host-A to host-B (as root user) ssh host-B it asks for root password and allows me to get remote root prompt upon... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
0 Replies

10. AIX

AIX ssh timeout

I have to make a command to work when connecting to AIX 7.1 (used by an internal software). I have a linux server L where the following command is runned ssh -t <aix-server-ip> ls For a <non-aix-server-ip> the command runs successfully. For AIX the terminal just gets blocked. ssh connection... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ufo
5 Replies
libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(3)				  libssh2 manual				libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex - Tunnel a TCP connection through an SSH session SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> LIBSSH2_CHANNEL * libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *host, int port, const char *shost, int sport); LIBSSH2_CHANNEL * libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *host, int port); DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) host - Third party host to connect to using the SSH host as a proxy. port - Port on third party host to connect to. shost - Host to tell the SSH server the connection originated on. sport - Port to tell the SSH server the connection originated from. Tunnel a TCP/IP connection through the SSH transport via the remote host to a third party. Communication from the client to the SSH server remains encrypted, communication from the server to the 3rd party host travels in cleartext. RETURN VALUE
Pointer to a newly allocated LIBSSH2_CHANNEL instance, or NULL on errors. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. SEE ALSO
libssh2_session_init_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(3)