Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH on AIX
Operating Systems AIX SSH on AIX Post 302070222 by ginoe on Monday 3rd of April 2006 07:48:33 AM
Old 04-03-2006
Hi,

AIX supports SSH.
First you have to check in the Openssh software is installed on your aix server.
# lslpp -l | grep ssh
openssh.base.client 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Commands
openssh.base.server 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Server
openssh.license 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell License
openssh.man.en_US 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell
openssh.base.client 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Commands
openssh.base.server 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Server

You should have a binary /usr/bin/ssh.
If these are not present on the server, then you have to install the ssh software.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ssh - Aix

Hi, Can u tell me how to execute a command at remote server using ssh What I need to do is , I have got 5 id files for 5 different remote servers and has to zip files in the remote servers using ssh and zip utility. ssh has been configured on the remote server , and i have got id... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
2 Replies

2. AIX

ssh and scp in aix 4.3.3

I'm using scp to copy files to another company via our 4.3.3 server. I am having transfer problems right at the transfer point in scp. Below are 2 debug outputs showing the bottleneck. The lower level debug preceeds the higher level debug output. It just seems to stop and refuses to transfer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldogbert
0 Replies

3. AIX

SSH on AIX?

It's not there. Is that normal? # man ssh Manual entry for ssh not found or not installed. # ssh ksh: ssh: not found. I need to do a sFTP to another host and I need to do it from my AIX system. Any solutions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

4. AIX

SSH have problem on AIX

When i logged in system by ssh but if failed.It have a warning "connection refused".Can you help me,please,thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iljimae
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to configure SSH in AIX?

Hi I want to configure SSH in AIX, what are the command and step... Please let me know....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dearsumon
1 Replies

6. AIX

SSH error on AIx after installation

Hello, I am having a new type of error after installation of ssh... I cannot run ssh # oslevel -r 5200-04 #lslpp -l | grep ssh openssh.base.client 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Commands openssh.base.server 3.8.0.5300 COMMITTED Open Secure Shell Server ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

7. AIX

SSH X on AIX

Hello everybody, I'm a new member on this forum. I have a problem on AIX 6. I can't have an X session from my PC to AIX server on any X progrm (putty,bitwise...). I've enabled X Forwarding with localhost:0 in putty, I've modified /etc/ssh_config and /etc/sshd_config files. AllowAgentForwarding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacorasta
2 Replies

8. AIX

Remove SSH at AIX

hi guys, I have a problem at my ssh, I dont have remove ssh from the my aix system. Command not work. smit remove Give me solutions guys.. thank you.. :D:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
3 Replies

9. AIX

Ssh problem on AIX 5.3

Hello, I have a weird ssh problem from host A to host B. Both hosts A and B running AIX 5.3. if host-A has no ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub & ~/.ssh/id_rsa then it works fine. If I connect from host-A to host-B (as root user) ssh host-B it asks for root password and allows me to get remote root prompt upon... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
0 Replies

10. AIX

AIX ssh timeout

I have to make a command to work when connecting to AIX 7.1 (used by an internal software). I have a linux server L where the following command is runned ssh -t <aix-server-ip> ls For a <non-aix-server-ip> the command runs successfully. For AIX the terminal just gets blocked. ssh connection... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ufo
5 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell - base class for CPANPLUS shells SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)