Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Password Recovery
Special Forums Cybersecurity Password Recovery Post 302070002 by thnxm on Thursday 30th of March 2006 01:37:07 PM
Old 03-30-2006
password recovery

thanks for the above but don't have access via another box how can i recover the password

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to password recovery on Ultrix

I got myself a dec 5100 running ultrix with unknow password, how do i recover or change the root password on it? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybermike
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password recovery

We recently terminated a developer at my place of employment who created scripts on a windows server (that i do not have access to) that invoke FTP sessions on my UnixWare 7.1.1 servers. I need to know the password that is being used. Does anyone know of a good password crack? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rm -r *
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help for db password recovery

hi,all my database (.db) is created by sysbase adaptive server anywhere7.0 ! the user id is DBA. but I lost the password . Could you recovery the passwrod of this db file? thanks ! iwind (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: northwind
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password Recovery

Hi, I am new to unix and I set a password for a user and now I need to recover what that password was. Is there a way, where as root, I can view what a users passwords is? Thanks, Eric (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
2 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

password recovery

hello, my password got lost - and your service to generate new passwords does not work -ive tried it out 50 times the last week or so, never got a single mail from it... please generate a new password for my account "congo" with mailadress. thanks. Thomas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: congo00000001
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 password recovery plz HELP!!!!!

Hello board, I'm new to Solaris Linux world, trying to learn on my onw, as I notice the windows is a big fraud.... OK let me get to my issue: I have a SOlaris 8 X86 that I don;t have a password and even the screen is disabled(assuming for the security reasons) I just see a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexOne
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Password Recovery From /etc/shadow file

Is it possible to reset a normal user password , by editing password field in /etc/shadow file? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksvaisakh
6 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

password recovery

I am trying to access an old email account but cannot recall the password and the backup email account has been closed, also. I need instructions or an expert who can assist recovering my password for web-based email account. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pp_mcgee
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for password recovery

Hi all, I'm a complete newbie to bash scripting, although I have some experience in programming. The thing is that I have a .dmg file on my mac which I protected with a password, and now I've forgotten it. I remember the first few letters of the password and the characters that represent the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujay.jauhar
4 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Password recovery in login script help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi guys. My case study is about creating a script that includes password recovery whenever a user forgets... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jenimesh19
1 Replies
GSHADOW(5)						   File Formats and Conversions 						GSHADOW(5)

NAME
gshadow - shadowed group file DESCRIPTION
/etc/gshadow contains the shadowed information for group accounts. This file must not be readable by regular users if password security is to be maintained. Each line of this file contains the following colon-separated fields: group name It must be a valid group name, which exist on the system. encrypted password Refer to crypt(3) for details on how this string is interpreted. If the password field contains some string that is not a valid result of crypt(3), for instance ! or *, users will not be able to use a unix password to access the group (but group members do not need the password). The password is used when a user who is not a member of the group wants to gain the permissions of this group (see newgrp(1)). This field may be empty, in which case only the group members can gain the group permissions. A password field which starts with an exclamation mark means that the password is locked. The remaining characters on the line represent the password field before the password was locked. This password supersedes any password specified in /etc/group. administrators It must be a comma-separated list of user names. Administrators can change the password or the members of the group. Administrators also have the same permissions as the members (see below). members It must be a comma-separated list of user names. Members can access the group without being prompted for a password. You should use the same list of users as in /etc/group. FILES
/etc/group Group account information. /etc/gshadow Secure group account information. SEE ALSO
gpasswd(5), group(5), grpck(8), grpconv(8), newgrp(1). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 GSHADOW(5)