Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do i kill -9 multiple processors at once Post 302068985 by esh on Wednesday 22nd of March 2006 04:35:23 AM
Old 03-22-2006
Thanks for below , but however I want to place same in a script to execute automatically b4 the jobstream kicks in.Instead of me typing in (kill -9 1021 1022 1023 etc)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I determine # of processors ...

I have a console server that runs some form of UNIX/Linux, but I get a bash shell, and I want to determine how many processor (what speed) and them amount of RAM in the system. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbrandeb49
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

When kill doesnt work, how to kill a process ?

Hi All, I am unable to kill a process using kill command. I am using HP-UX system. I have tried with kill -9 and i have root privilages. How can i terminate this daemon ? ? ? Regards, Vijay Hegde (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VijayHegde
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

No: of processors

which unix command can be used to know the no: of processors running on that machine... version used:- Solaris 8.0 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill multiple instances of the same program

Hi, I know that the answer to this is very simple, since I saw somebody do it some time back..but I forgot how. The problem is, I have multiple instances of the same program running simultaneously and I want to kill them all in a single command. I know that it can be done using awk '{print... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ipzig
12 Replies

5. Linux

Java Process to use Multiple Processors

Hi All, Here is the Issue.. we have an Application that when starts runs fine..but after 2-3 hours the performance of the process wil become very slow.. Initially when we look at the CPU utilization, its very less..but when the process starts running slow..we identified that it is using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: us_pokiri
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill multiple processes by name

Want to kill multiple processes by name. for the example below, I want to kill all 'proxy-stagerd_copy' processes. I tried this but didn't work: >> ps -ef|grep proxy_copy root 991 986 0 14:45:34 ? 0:04 proxy-stagerd root 1003 991 0 14:45:49 ? 0:01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalinawinemxr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill an specific process ID using the KILL and GREP commands

Good afternoon I need to KILL a process in a single command sentence, for example: kill -9 `ps -aef | grep 'CAL255.4ge' | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` That sentence Kills the process ID corresponding to the program CAL255.4ge. However it is possible that the same program... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
6 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Multiple Processors and Load Average

The following information shows that there are in total 4 Processors on this machine: $ grep -i name /proc/cpuinfo model name : Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2218 model name : Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2218 model name : Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2218... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
1 Replies

9. Proxy Server

Samba kill the locked files from a useraccount by multiple smbd pids

Details Samba server: Release: 5.10 Kernel architecture: sun4u Application architecture: sparc Hardware provider: Sun_Microsystems Kernel version: SunOS 5.10 Generic_142909-17 Samba version: Samba version 3.5.6 Smb.conf file section Global: # smb.conf for Airbus Industries fuer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jean-Guillaume
0 Replies

10. AIX

Kill multiple processes ran by root

Hi all, I have about 5-6 daemons specific to my application running in the background. I am trying to write a script to stop them. Usually, I run them as a non-root ID, which is fine. But for some reason the client insists on using root. I do have sudo. I just tried something like this ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
4 Replies
KILL(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   KILL(1)

NAME
kill -- terminate or signal a process SYNOPSIS
kill [-s signal_name] pid ... kill -l [exit_status] kill -signal_name pid ... kill -signal_number pid ... DESCRIPTION
The kill utility sends a signal to the processes specified by the pid operands. Only the super-user may send signals to other users' processes. The options are as follows: -s signal_name A symbolic signal name specifying the signal to be sent instead of the default TERM. -l [exit_status] If no operand is given, list the signal names; otherwise, write the signal name corresponding to exit_status. -signal_name A symbolic signal name specifying the signal to be sent instead of the default TERM. -signal_number A non-negative decimal integer, specifying the signal to be sent instead of the default TERM. The following PIDs have special meanings: -1 If superuser, broadcast the signal to all processes; otherwise broadcast to all processes belonging to the user. Some of the more commonly used signals: 1 HUP (hang up) 2 INT (interrupt) 3 QUIT (quit) 6 ABRT (abort) 9 KILL (non-catchable, non-ignorable kill) 14 ALRM (alarm clock) 15 TERM (software termination signal) Some shells may provide a builtin kill command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. EXIT STATUS
The kill utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
Terminate the processes with PIDs 142 and 157: kill 142 157 Send the hangup signal (SIGHUP) to the process with PID 507: kill -s HUP 507 SEE ALSO
builtin(1), csh(1), killall(1), ps(1), sh(1), kill(2), sigaction(2) STANDARDS
The kill utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. HISTORY
A kill command appeared in Version 3 AT&T UNIX. BUGS
A replacement for the command ``kill 0'' for csh(1) users should be provided. BSD
April 28, 1995 BSD