Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding Fonts to Solaris 2.8
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Adding Fonts to Solaris 2.8 Post 28502 by Breen on Thursday 19th of September 2002 10:50:51 AM
Old 09-19-2002
Adding Fonts to Solaris 2.8

Does anyone know the location where to place a series of new fonts, so its asseble by general applications (equiv. to C:\WINNT\Fonts) in WIN2000.

Thanks

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding an interface to solaris?

I have a quad ethernet card in my sun box, and only 3 of them are visable when I "ifconfig -a". How do I activate the the 4th one? I think it is solaris 5.6. Thanks. Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmaniscalco
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding interfaces in solaris 9

Hi, Have a solaris 9 e420, one onboard nic. Now I added a quad nic card. I have never had more than a single interface. Any help on setting this new card up? or links? PLease? ; thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding an additional harddrive in solaris 9

Hello, I have a system which a new harddrive was installed for additional space. I now need to mount the drive and transfer data from /home to the new drive with a mount point named /home. How do I go about doing this? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
5 Replies

4. Solaris

adding routes in Solaris

Solaris Guru's What is the proper way to add routes in the routing table so after a node reboot the routes will not be lost. I understand the /etc/defaultrouter for the default router and the <route add> command but using this command routes will be removed once the node reboots. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brad_52000
7 Replies

5. AIX

Adding own fonts in AIX

Hi I am new to AIX and want to install some fonts (in Indian Languages) created by us into the AIX server and we should be able to use these fonts in Mozilla and other user applications. There is no Info Print Manager. We have font files as PFB/PFM and TTF. Which is the best method to go... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mssridhar
0 Replies

6. Solaris

The system (Solaris 8) has not found required fonts.

Hi guys and ladies! The application not found required fonts. I checked, the packages SUNWi5rf, SUNWi5of are installed. Then I checked availability the directories iso8859-5, iso8859_5 at /usr/openwin/lib/locale. I checked after that. % xlsfonts | grep "lucida-" The system showed only ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Adding a user twice to Solaris OS

is it possible to add a user twice to solaris server with the same id? i have been added twice in the past week and that is messing up one application that i am using which authenticate against the os. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: basel
10 Replies

8. Solaris

Adding User in Solaris Error.....

Hi all, when I type this command useradd -d /home/ram89 -m ram89 it gives an error unable to create home directory. Why so ? How to create user in Solaris? The perfect method? Please guide me. Thanks in advance Manali. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)