Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mget
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mget Post 28258 by auswipe on Monday 16th of September 2002 10:37:27 AM
Old 09-16-2002
You can also specify the -i flag when firing up the ftp client as well.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget question

Basically, I like to know how "mget" command work in terms of data/control channels and in terms of request-respond dialogue. Also, when I try the command as an example below, is it true than for each file to be transferred, there is a new connection establish? (ie. transferred one file,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ho_k
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget and mput...

hello, i was interested in knowing if you can mget or mput a sequence of files: example- say i have a dir with 1000 files with the same extension e.g. *.sgi, is there a way to mget only the last 200 files? i would assume that there is a flag i would use, or something like: mget... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyomamma
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mget command

Hi All, I am using mget (mget server.*) through ftp... ... i dont want to overwrite the files in my localmachine if it is already exists... is it possible through ftp ?? any other optios also mos t welcome Thnks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpio
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget new files only

Hi all, I am currently in the process of setting up an FTP server with limited knowledge :p. I have run into an issue that i need some help with. Basically i want to be able to download files off another remote server twice a day every day but i want to make sure it only downloads new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp-mget

For the below mentioned code..Files are getting transferred from first mget statement alone ie from /home/Arun/*EF01/...Could someone help me regarding this ftp -vn <<EOD >$LOG open user lcd ascii mget /home/Arun/*EF01/GLHEC* mget /home/Arun/*EF03/GLHEC* mget... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MGET Problem

Hello friends.. I'm new here ate the forum. I came across with it when trying to find a solution for a problem I have and I hope you can help me. I'm an Abap programmer, and I have to make a program in ABAP to copy files from a server to the local computer defined path using FTP commands. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bleeding_me
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If then else in with mget command

Hi Friends, I need to use if then else logic with the mget command.I need to check if {JOURNAL_CODE}*_1_Audit*.txt exists then download it (using mget)and if not then leave it.Same for the {JOURNAL_CODE}*_2_Audit*.txt file.Can you please tell me how can i achive that? sftp -b -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Param0073
3 Replies

8. AIX

mget is stuck

Hi, below are the commands I use to get many gif files from /usr/local/images directory, the command just getting stuck at mget, nothing is moving cd /usr/local/images binary mget *.gif:wall: close quit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dateez
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mget help

Hi I'm trying to get all files from a directory with a script. So i'm gone paste my script here: cd /var/www/match_demos/speedgaming/ lftp -u Gudfaren,xxxxx ftp.speedgaming.pro -e cd 89.221.243.11_27500 -e mget *.dem exit when i run that i get: "File name missed. Try `help mget' for more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vYN
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange mget problem

Hi! I'm a bit of a unix n00b so be gentle! I need to use ftp to download some files. I have the ftp running in a shell script which had been working perfectly last week. I downloaded around 400 files before it broke on friday. Now whenever I try to run the script, it starts to download... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnnybongo
3 Replies
bup-ftp(1)						      General Commands Manual							bup-ftp(1)

NAME
bup-ftp - ftp-like client for navigating bup repositories SYNOPSIS
bup ftp DESCRIPTION
bup ftp is a command-line tool for navigating bup repositories. It has commands similar to the Unix ftp(1) command. The file hierarchy is the same as that shown by bup-fuse(1) and bup-ls(1). Note: if your system has the python-readline library installed, you can use the <tab> key to complete filenames while navigating your backup data. This will save you a lot of typing. COMMANDS
The following commands are available inside bup ftp: ls [-s] [-a] [path] print the contents of a directory. If no path argument is given, the current directory's contents are listed. If -a is given, also include hidden files (files which start with a . character). If -s is given, each file is displayed with its hash from the bup ar- chive to its left. cd dirname change to a different working directory pwd print the path of the current working directory cat filenames... print the contents of one or more files to stdout get filename localname download the contents of filename and save it to disk as localname. If localname is omitted, uses filename as the local name. mget filenames... download the contents of the given filenames and stores them to disk under the same names. The filenames may contain Unix filename globs (*, ?, etc.) help print a list of available commands quit exit the bup ftp client EXAMPLE
$ bup ftp bup> ls mybackup/ yourbackup/ bup> cd mybackup/ bup> ls 2010-02-05-185507@ 2010-02-05-185508@ latest@ bup> cd latest/ bup> ls (...etc...) bup> get myfile Saving 'myfile' bup> quit SEE ALSO
bup-fuse(1), bup-ls(1), bup-save(1), bup-restore(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-ftp(1)