Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: echo, append to end of file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting echo, append to end of file Post 28205 by hachik on Sunday 15th of September 2002 10:25:10 AM
Old 09-15-2002
Question echo, append to end of file

I need the line printed with echo to append to eof of to exactly line, am i able to do that?
i mean
echo "sysctl -w lalala=1" > to end of file /etc/sysctl.conf
or to the 21st line, if the line exist, open new line and insert text there.
Thx.maybe i'm in wrong topic but anyway...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

to append few chars at the end of a file

hi i want to open a file at runtime append few chars at the end of each line all these i want to have done automatically how to do it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text at end of the first line in a file

Hi I need to append some text @ end of the first line in a file. like myfile.txt list = a,b,c list.a=some.. I give the arg "d" . now it append at end of first line list=a,b,c,d list.a=some... Please help me out this (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: catgovind
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append newline at the file end

Hi All, Is there any way to append a newline character at the end of a file(coma-separated file), through shell script? I need to check whether newline character exists at the end of a file, if it does not then append it. Regards, Krishna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KrishnaSaran
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

append a character at end of each line of a file

Hi, i want to append a character '|' at end of each line of a file abc.txt. for example if the file abc.txt conatins: a|b|c 1|2|33 w|2|11 i want result file xyz.txt a|b|c| 1|2|33| w|2|11| I know this is simple but sumhow i am not able to reach end of line. its urgent, thanks for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muaz
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line Count and Append it to the end of the file.

Hi, I want to get a Line count of a file and append that at the end of the file. The Line count should not include the Headers : ------------------ COL1,COL2,COL3 123,abc,011 111,abd,0212 Record Count: 2 ------------------- Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smc3
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

append a record at the end of a file

Hi all, i have to append a record at the end of the file(a file which is already with some records).how do i do?please help me? is there any way of doing this with "SED" command.i am not sure.plz help me on this. would appreciate your ideas!!!! bye rao. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raoscb
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

append some text message at the end of the file

Hi All, Please tell me how to append some text message at the end of the file. "File too large to view" example: xyz.log contains hhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj "File too large to view" Please advice (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append a string at the end of every line in a file

Hi Friends, I have a file with many lines as shown below. /START SAMPLE LINE/ M:\mmarimut_v6.4.0_pit_01\java\build.xml@@\main\v6.4.0_pit_a M:\mmarimut_v6.4.0_pit_01\port\Post.java@@\main\v6.4.0_pit_a M:\mmarimut_v6.4.0_pit_01\switchview\View.java@@\main\v6.4.0_pit_a /END SAMPLE LINE/ I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmattam
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append the end of each line in a file with a given string

Hi friends, I have a file containing many lines as follows. M:\mmarimut_v6.4.0_pit_01\java\build.xml@@\main\v6.4.0_pit_a M:\mmarimut_v6.4.0_pit_01\ADBasicView.java@@\main\v6.4.0_pit_a I would like to append the string "\0" at the end of each line in the file. The output should look... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

append | to the end of each data in a file

I have a file which has data in the below format: 7810902|6783014102| || |0| |0| |0| |0|||||T|04/13/2006||9423|7421||100|2006-04-13 16:50:28|||2006-04-13 16:50:28|n|51|-1||214 1089929|||||NewSpCreateAction request successful. Activity ID = <826528>||||100|n|2006-04-13 16:50:27|2006-04-13... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankianand88
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-SYSCTL.SERVICE(8)				      systemd-sysctl.service					 SYSTEMD-SYSCTL.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-sysctl.service, systemd-sysctl - Configure kernel parameters at boot SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl [OPTIONS...] [CONFIGFILE...] systemd-sysctl.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-sysctl.service is an early boot service that configures sysctl(8) kernel parameters by invoking /lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl. When invoked with no arguments, /lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl applies all directives from configuration files listed in sysctl.d(5). If one or more filenames are passed on the command line, only the directives in these files are applied. In addition, --prefix= option may be used to limit which sysctl settings are applied. See sysctl.d(5) for information about the configuration of sysctl settings. After sysctl configuration is changed on disk, it must be written to the files in /proc/sys before it takes effect. It is possible to update specific settings, or simply to reload all configuration, see Examples below. OPTIONS
--prefix= Only apply rules with the specified prefix. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXAMPLES
Example 1. Reset all sysctl settings systemctl restart systemd-sysctl Example 2. View coredump handler configuration # sysctl kernel.core_pattern kernel.core_pattern = |/libexec/abrt-hook-ccpp %s %c %p %u %g %t %P %I Example 3. Update coredump handler configuration # /lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl --prefix kernel.core_pattern This searches all the directories listed in sysctl.d(5) for configuration files and writes /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern. Example 4. Update coredump handler configuration according to a specific file # /lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl 50-coredump.conf This applies all the settings found in 50-coredump.conf. Either /etc/sysctl.d/50-coredump.conf, or /run/sysctl.d/50-coredump.conf, or /usr/lib/sysctl.d/50-coredump.conf will be used, in the order of preference. See sysctl(8) for various ways to directly apply sysctl settings. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), sysctl.d(5), sysctl(8), systemd 237 SYSTEMD-SYSCTL.SERVICE(8)