Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Email to a process
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Email to a process Post 27988 by Optimus_P on Tuesday 10th of September 2002 05:57:19 PM
Old 09-10-2002
well there are 2 ways to get mail to software.

1) the software is listening for communication on a port.
2) the software is setup to read all incomming mail for USERX and will strip out all the needed info for processing.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending email as background process

Hi All, Solaris Bash v3x I have a script that accepts an error code, and if the error code is not 0 then an email is sent using mailx to details the error. I want to be able to implement the functiuonlity whereby i can send the email in a background process so the script can continue with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Send an email from Solaris using Linux email server

Hello everyone I have a problem and I need your help: I have a Solaris 10 and Solaris 8 UNIX Servers, and Linux Centos4 as email server. I need send an email from Solaris servers preferably using Centos4 email server. I have no mail service configured in my Solaris computers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aflores
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to ldap, send email to a ou or group, and see a list from email client

hi, i'm running openldap on ubuntu 10.04, creating new items with apache directory studio (windows version). i use the ldap just as an address book to our small office (email clients are windows live mail 2009, 2011, microsoft outlook 2007 and 2010). a. i cant see a list of the contacts,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: V4705
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Send Email to a user when an admin kills process

Can anyone create or give me a script that I can use to email a user automatically when I kill one of their processes? Or Can you give me a script to allow me to email a user (entering email manually) when a process is killed? Like showing what the PID was and a reason the admin killed it? Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeGazz84
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so

This is my first time writing a script and Im having some trouble, Im trying to use the top command to monitor processes and the amount of CPU usage they require, my aim is to get an email if a process takes over a certain percentage of CPU usage I tried grep Obviosly that hasnt worked, Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay02
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting email output in single line with out space in email

I have tried below email method and i am getting every thing in single line . i have put echo to provide space, but it is not helping my code ( echo "From: $FROM" echo "To: $MAILTO" echo "CC: $CC" echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo 'Content-Type: multipart/mixed;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email if Java process was done

Hi Team, I need script to send notification if java process was down. Can you please help on this. Thanks in adance. Regards, Nagesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nageswara Reddy
1 Replies
Catalyst::View::Email::Template(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Catalyst::View::Email::Template(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::View::Email::Template - Send Templated Email from Catalyst SYNOPSIS
Sends templated mail, based upon your default view. It captures the output of the rendering path, slurps in based on mime-types and assembles a multi-part email using Email::MIME::Creator and sends it out. CONFIGURATION
WARNING: since version 0.10 the configuration options slightly changed! Use the helper to create your view: $ script/myapp_create.pl view Email::Template Email::Template For basic configuration look at "CONFIGURATION" in Catalyst::View::Email. In your app configuration (example in YAML): View::Email::Template: # Optional prefix to look somewhere under the existing configured # template paths. # Default: none template_prefix: email # Define the defaults for the mail default: # Defines the default view used to render the templates. # If none is specified neither here nor in the stash # Catalysts default view is used. # Warning: if you don't tell Catalyst explicit which of your views should # be its default one, C::V::Email::Template may choose the wrong one! view: TT SENDING EMAIL
Sending email works just like for Catalyst::View::Email but by specifying the template instead of the body and forwarding to your Email::Template view: sub controller : Private { my ( $self, $c ) = @_; $c->stash->{email} = { to => 'jshirley@gmail.com', cc => 'abraxxa@cpan.org', bcc => 'hidden@secret.com hidden2@foobar.com', from => 'no-reply@foobar.com', subject => 'I am a Catalyst generated email', template => 'test.tt', content_type => 'multipart/alternative' }; $c->forward( $c->view('Email::Template') ); } Alternatively if you want more control over your templates you can use the following idiom to override the defaults. If charset and encoding given, the body become properly encoded. templates => [ { template => 'email/test.html.tt', content_type => 'text/html', charset => 'utf-8', encoding => 'quoted-printable', view => 'TT', }, { template => 'email/test.plain.mason', content_type => 'text/plain', charset => 'utf-8', encoding => 'quoted-printable', view => 'Mason', } ] HANDLING ERRORS
See "HANDLING ERRORS" in Catalyst::View::Email. METHODS
generate_part Generates a MIME part to include in the email. Since the email is template based every template piece is a separate part that is included in the email. process The process method is called when the view is dispatched to. This creates the multipart message and then sends the message contents off to Catalyst::View::Email for processing, which in turn hands off to Email::Sender::Simple. TODO
ATTACHMENTS There needs to be a method to support attachments. What I am thinking is something along these lines: attachments => [ # Set the body to a file handle object, specify content_type and # the file name. (name is what it is sent at, not the file) { body => $fh, name => "foo.pdf", content_type => "application/pdf" }, # Or, specify a filename that is added, and hey, encoding! { filename => "foo.gif", name => "foo.gif", content_type => "application/pdf", encoding => "quoted-printable" }, # Or, just a path to a file, and do some guesswork for the content type "/path/to/somefile.pdf", ] SEE ALSO
Catalyst::View::Email - Send plain boring emails with Catalyst Catalyst::Manual - The Catalyst Manual Catalyst::Manual::Cookbook - The Catalyst Cookbook AUTHORS
J. Shirley <jshirley@gmail.com> Simon Elliott <cpan@browsing.co.uk> Alexander Hartmaier <abraxxa@cpan.org> LICENSE
This library is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-01-17 Catalyst::View::Email::Template(3pm)