Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: frecover
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers frecover Post 267 by PxT on Friday 17th of November 2000 11:06:40 PM
Old 11-18-2000
You can find just about any man page by searching google.com for '<I>command</I> man'.

frecover man page is here: http://www.devresource.hp.com/STK/ma...ecover_1m.html

It is an HP-UX specific command.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

frecover

I have machine (HP-UX) 11.x and I took backup using fbackup (took 4 DDS tapes) then i did restore using frecover . the restore failed on the 4th tape . and the process killed . Can I restore only the 4th tape. or I have to do full recover from biginning ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salhoub
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

frecover on HP 11.11

Hi, Can someone please explain how I can check whether my files were backed-up to tape. I issued this command and got an error:- # frecover -I /tmp/mth -f /dev/rmt/5m frecover(2105): did not find expected file marker frecover(5409): unable to read volume header frecover(5418): not an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gummysweets
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP fbackup/frecover to SUN UNIX format?

Hi All, We have about 7 years worth of data which used the HP fbackup utility. Is there any utility to read these tapes on Solaris? The goal is to create new tapes using Legato. Do we need to download them to a box first using frecover, then copy them from SUN using Legato? Any help in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinakumar
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

frecover command need help urgent please

Hi, I have a tape fbackup done (fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i / -I index.fullfbackup) and I need to restore 3 filesystems, I would like to know the correct command and options: example: I want to restore the filesystem /data1 under /data1 and /data2 under another filesystem /datatest I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

frecover problem

I had to do a recovery and restore from backup (using ignite & backups from fbackup job) on hpux 10.20. Problem is, all users (except root) receive error 'unknown user' when logging in (during script that checks quotas). They can still successfully log in to the system. However, the files... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrviking
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

frecover counterpart on linux

Hello All, The frecover command on HP UX gives information about the backed up file in the format- Magic Field: Machine Identification: System Identification:HP-UX Release Identification:B.11.11 Node Identification: User Identification: Record Size: Time: Media Use:0 Volume Number:1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamik
1 Replies
vxrecover(1M)															     vxrecover(1M)

NAME
vxrecover - perform volume recovery operations SYNOPSIS
vxrecover [-bcEmnpsvV] [-d defaults_file] [-g diskgroup] [-o options] [-t tasktag] [volume | volume_set | medianame...] DESCRIPTION
The vxrecover utility performs plex attach, RAID-5 subdisk recovery, and resynchronize operations for the specified volumes, for all vol- umes under the specified volume sets, or for volumes residing on the disks specified by medianame. If no medianame, volume or volume_set is specified, the operation applies to all volumes, or to all volumes in the specified disk group. If -s is specified, disabled volumes are started. With -s and -n, volumes are started, but no other recovery takes place. Recovery operations are started in an order that prevents two concurrent operations on the same disk. Operations that involve unrelated disks run in parallel. OPTIONS
-b Performs recovery operations in the background. With this option, vxrecover runs in the background to attach stale plexes and subdisks, and to resynchronize mirrored volumes and RAID-5 parity. If this is used with -s, volumes are started before recovery begins in the background. -c Operates on cluster-sharable disk groups. This option is used by the cluster reconfiguration utility to effect recovery on vol- umes in shared disk groups after the failure of a node in the cluster. Do not use -c as a command-line option. Available only if the Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) cluster feature is enabled and a license is installed. -d defaults_file Specifies the absolute pathname of a defaults file to use instead of /etc/default/vxrecover. The defaults file can be used to define new values for the I/O region size and delay time when reattaching plexes. The following attributes may be defined in this file: iosize=size Specifies the size (in standard length units as defined in vxintro(1M)) of the regions that are used to perform recovery operations. Specifying a larger size typically causes the operation to complete sooner, but with greater impact on other processes using the volume. The default I/O size is 2048 sectors (1 megabyte). slow=iodelay Allows the impact on system performance of copy operations to be reduced. Plex recovery operations usually consist of a number of short operations on small regions of the volume. This attribute inserts a delay between the recovery of each such region. A specific delay is specified as a number of milliseconds. The default value is 250 milliseconds. The following settings are suggested for a clustered environment with a large number of mirrored volumes: iosize=4m slow=1000 corresponding to an I/O size of 4 megabytes, and an I/O delay of 1000 milliseconds. -E Starts disabled volumes or plexes even when they are in the EMPTY state. This is useful for starting up volumes restored by the vxmake utility when specified along with the -s option. -g diskgroup Limits operation of the command to the given disk group, as specified by disk group ID or disk group name. If no volume or medi- aname is specified, all disks in this disk group are recovered, otherwise, the volume and medianame are evaluated relative to the given disk group. Without the -g option, if no volume and medianame is specified, all volumes in all imported disk groups are recovered; otherwise, the disk group for each medianame specified is determined based on name uniqueness within all disk groups. -m Recognizes and enables volumes that were moved as a result of a disk group move, split or join operation. -n Does not perform any recovery operations. If used with -s, volumes are started, but no other actions are taken. If used with -p, vxrecover only prints a list of startable volumes. -o options Passes the given option arguments to the -o options for the vxplex att and vxvol start operations generated by vxrecover. You can specify an option argument in the form prefix:options to restrict the set of commands that the -o option is applied to. Defined prefixes are: o vol applies to all invocations of the vxvol utility (volume starts, mirror resynchronizations, RAID-5 partity rebuilds, and RAID-5 subdisk recoveries) o plex, applies to all invocations of the vxplex utility (used only for attaching plexes) o attach applies specifically to plex attach operations o start applies specifically to volume start operations o recover applies to subdisk recoveries o resync applies to mirror resynchronization and RAID-5 parity recovery. -p Prints the list of selected volumes that are startable. For each startable volume, a line is printed containing the volume name, the disk group ID of the volume, the volume's usage type, and a list of state flags pertaining to mirrors of the volume. State flags include: o kdetach indicates that one of the mirrors was detached by an I/O failure o stale means that one of the mirrors needs recovery, but that the recovery is related to an administrative operation, not an I/O failure o stopped prints if neither kdetach nor stale is appropriate for the volume. -s Starts disabled volumes that are selected by the operation. Volumes are started before any other recovery actions are taken. Volumes are started with the -o delayrecover start option. This requests that any operations that can be delayed in starting a volume are delayed. That is, only those operations necessary to make a volume available for use occur. Other operations, such as mirror resynchronization, attaching of stale plexes and subdisks, and recovery of stale RAID-5 parity, are typically delayed. -t tasktag If any tasks are registered to track the progress of the operation, marks them with the tag tasktag. This option is also passed to any utilities called to perform recoveries, so all tasks registered by any utility to perform the recoveries are also tagged with tasktag. -v Displays information about each task started by vxrecover. For recovery operations (as opposed to start operations), prints a completion status when each task completes. -V Displays each command executed by vxrecover. The ouput generated is more verbose than the job descriptions printed with the -v option. EXAMPLES
To recover, in the background, any detached subdisks or plexes that resulted from replacement of a specified disk, use the command: vxrecover -b medianame To monitor the operations, use the command: vxrecover -v medianame FILES
/etc/default/vxplex Standard defaults file for vxplex that determines whether FastResync is used when attaching plexes. See vxplex(1M) for details. /etc/default/vxrecover Standard defaults file for vxrecover that is used to set the I/O size and I/O delay values for recovery operations. SEE ALSO
vxintro(1M), vxmake(1M), vxplex(1M), vxvol(1M), vxvset(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxrecover(1M)