Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: frecover
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers frecover Post 266 by Neo on Friday 17th of November 2000 06:19:14 PM
Old 11-17-2000
Question Man page for frecover?

Please format and post the man page for frecover, or post a URL to an on-line version of the man page. -Thanks.

[Edited by Neo on 11-17-2000 at 07:10 PM]

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

frecover

I have machine (HP-UX) 11.x and I took backup using fbackup (took 4 DDS tapes) then i did restore using frecover . the restore failed on the 4th tape . and the process killed . Can I restore only the 4th tape. or I have to do full recover from biginning ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salhoub
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

frecover on HP 11.11

Hi, Can someone please explain how I can check whether my files were backed-up to tape. I issued this command and got an error:- # frecover -I /tmp/mth -f /dev/rmt/5m frecover(2105): did not find expected file marker frecover(5409): unable to read volume header frecover(5418): not an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gummysweets
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP fbackup/frecover to SUN UNIX format?

Hi All, We have about 7 years worth of data which used the HP fbackup utility. Is there any utility to read these tapes on Solaris? The goal is to create new tapes using Legato. Do we need to download them to a box first using frecover, then copy them from SUN using Legato? Any help in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinakumar
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

frecover command need help urgent please

Hi, I have a tape fbackup done (fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i / -I index.fullfbackup) and I need to restore 3 filesystems, I would like to know the correct command and options: example: I want to restore the filesystem /data1 under /data1 and /data2 under another filesystem /datatest I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

frecover problem

I had to do a recovery and restore from backup (using ignite & backups from fbackup job) on hpux 10.20. Problem is, all users (except root) receive error 'unknown user' when logging in (during script that checks quotas). They can still successfully log in to the system. However, the files... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrviking
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

frecover counterpart on linux

Hello All, The frecover command on HP UX gives information about the backed up file in the format- Magic Field: Machine Identification: System Identification:HP-UX Release Identification:B.11.11 Node Identification: User Identification: Record Size: Time: Media Use:0 Volume Number:1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamik
1 Replies
BLAZE-ADD(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						      BLAZE-ADD(1)

NAME
blaze-add - adds a blog post or a page to the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-add [-pqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] [-a author] [-d date] [-t title] [-k keywords] [-T tags] [-u url] [file...] blaze-add -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-add adds a blog post or a page to the BlazeBlogger repository. If a file is supplied, it adds the content of that file, otherwise an external text editor is opened for you. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated. Special Forms <!-- break --> A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis. Placeholders %root% A relative path to the root directory of the blog. %home% A relative path to the index page of the blog. %page[id]% A relative path to a page with the supplied id. %post[id]% A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id. %tag[name]% A relative path to a tag with the supplied name. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -E editor, --editor editor Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -t title, --title title Allows you to specify the title of a blog post or page. -a author, --author author Allows you to specify the author of a blog post or page. -d date, --date date Allows you to specify the date of publishing of a blog post or page. -k keywords, --keywords keywords Allows you to specify a comma-separated list of keywords attached to a blog post or page. -T tags, --tags tags Allows you to supply a comma-separated list of tags attached to a blog post. -u url, --url url Allows you to specify the url of a blog post or page. Allowed characters are letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores. -p, --page, --pages Tells blaze-add to add a page or pages. -P, --post, --posts Tells blaze-add to add a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -C, --no-processor Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application. For example, if you use Markdown to convert the lightweight markup language to the valid HTML output, this will enable you to write this particular post in plain HTML directly. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use. EXAMPLE USAGE
Write a new blog post in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-add Add a new blog post from a file: ~]$ blaze-add new_packages.txt Successfully added the post with ID 10. Write a new page in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-add -p Write a new page in nano: ~]$ blaze-add -p -E nano SEE ALSO
blaze-init(1), blaze-config(1), blaze-edit(1), blaze-remove(1), blaze-make(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-ADD(1)