Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sleep under one second
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sleep under one second Post 26268 by Nisha on Wednesday 14th of August 2002 08:10:06 AM
Old 08-14-2002
There is a command

delay_output which pauses the production of output for a specified number of milli seconds.

Is this what u want????

-Nisha

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep

what is the purpose of the sleep command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sleep less than 1 second

Does anyone know a way to sleep less than 1 second? Sometimes when I write scripts that iterates a loop many times it would be nice to slow things down, but sometimes 1 second is too much. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjorno
9 Replies

3. Programming

Sleep() not working

I have a function that quits a program when <ctrl>c is entered as per following code; void quitter (void) { clear (); mvprintw (QUITTER_ROW, QUITTER_COL, "Quitting..."); refresh (); sleep (15); endwin (); exit (1); }This function is called thus; signal (SIGINT, quitter); It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep Command

I am in need of some help; think I have confused myself. Here is the issue I am faced with. The script log file was fine, the nohup.out file has tens of thousands of lines like illegal use of sleep: sleep seconds So I assume there is something with the seconds calculation in the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glove
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep command

Hi All I have a requiremnt to run a script inside another script. here i am pulling the record count from the table in oracle.If record count is greater than 0 the script is executed.The scripts updates the count in the table and again the count is found out and the condition is checked and same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep infinity

This might be one of the dumbest questions you've got, but please bear with me: I am a UNIX beginner. I had an test today and I was asked the following question: Q. How do you put the terminal into sleep indefinitely? I didn't know the answer, but after I came home, I tried the following... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: indyxandy
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sleep Until Query

Hi, I am a newbie in UNIX please help me develop code for below logic:-- I want my script to implement sleep until a specified time(date doesn't matter) ---------------------------------------- While currenttime > 14:00 and < 18:00 sleep end while run command exit... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiitmale
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep while i > 0

Hi, I have a script that runs a process at the beginning and I want to sleep/wait until this process is finished and then continue with the rest of the script. I am trying with this, but it is not working: process=`ps -ef | grep "proc_p01 -c" | grep -v grep | wc -l` if ; do sleep 10 done... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies
PTS_SLEEP(1)						       AFS Command Reference						      PTS_SLEEP(1)

NAME
pts_sleep - Pauses for a few seconds SYNOPSIS
pts sleep [-delay] <# of seconds> [-cell] <cell name> [-noauth] [-localauth] [-force] pts sl [-d] <# of seconds> [-c] <cell name> [-n] [-l] [-f] DESCRIPTION
The pts sleep pauses for a specified number of seconds. The command can be run from the command line or interactively, although from the command line it's essentially equivalent to the sleep command. It is intended for use in interactive mode to pause for a few seconds between batch commands to allow the Protection Server to catch up. CAUTIONS
Prior to OpenAFS 1.4.5 and OpenAFS 1.5.23, the pts sleep command was only available on Unix or Linux and when OpenAFS was compiled with the supergroups option (disabled by default). As of OpenAFS 1.4.5 and 1.5.23, it is always available. OPTIONS
Although they have no effect, pts sleep takes the following standard pts options: -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see pts(1). -force Enables the command to continue executing as far as possible when errors or other problems occur, rather than halting execution at the first error. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see pts(1). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For more details, see pts(1). OUTPUT
This command produces no output. EXAMPLES
Here is an example of a pts interactive session: % pts interactive pts> sleep 5 pts> quit % SEE ALSO
pts(1), pts_interactive(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2014-04-08 PTS_SLEEP(1)