Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: frecover
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers frecover Post 260 by molonede on Friday 17th of November 2000 11:25:28 AM
Old 11-17-2000
Nope everything is fine on the file name specs. I know that the data I am searching for is not on the first tape and probably starts on the second, and since it was already in the drive. I just started the process thinking that it could resync the headers fine. But for some reason it seems to be stuck.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

frecover

I have machine (HP-UX) 11.x and I took backup using fbackup (took 4 DDS tapes) then i did restore using frecover . the restore failed on the 4th tape . and the process killed . Can I restore only the 4th tape. or I have to do full recover from biginning ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salhoub
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

frecover on HP 11.11

Hi, Can someone please explain how I can check whether my files were backed-up to tape. I issued this command and got an error:- # frecover -I /tmp/mth -f /dev/rmt/5m frecover(2105): did not find expected file marker frecover(5409): unable to read volume header frecover(5418): not an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gummysweets
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP fbackup/frecover to SUN UNIX format?

Hi All, We have about 7 years worth of data which used the HP fbackup utility. Is there any utility to read these tapes on Solaris? The goal is to create new tapes using Legato. Do we need to download them to a box first using frecover, then copy them from SUN using Legato? Any help in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinakumar
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

frecover command need help urgent please

Hi, I have a tape fbackup done (fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i / -I index.fullfbackup) and I need to restore 3 filesystems, I would like to know the correct command and options: example: I want to restore the filesystem /data1 under /data1 and /data2 under another filesystem /datatest I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

frecover problem

I had to do a recovery and restore from backup (using ignite & backups from fbackup job) on hpux 10.20. Problem is, all users (except root) receive error 'unknown user' when logging in (during script that checks quotas). They can still successfully log in to the system. However, the files... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrviking
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

frecover counterpart on linux

Hello All, The frecover command on HP UX gives information about the backed up file in the format- Magic Field: Machine Identification: System Identification:HP-UX Release Identification:B.11.11 Node Identification: User Identification: Record Size: Time: Media Use:0 Volume Number:1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamik
1 Replies
AMTAPE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 AMTAPE(8)

NAME
amtape - user interface to Amanda tape changer controls SYNOPSIS
amtape config command [ command options ] DESCRIPTION
Amtape performs tape changer control operations. It uses the underlying tape changer script defined by the tpchanger option for a particu- lar Amanda configuration as specified by the config argument. Tape changers maintain a notion of the current and next slot for each configuration. These may or may not correspond to an actual physical state of the device, but do tend to minimize searching through the tape storage slots. If the desired tape is in the current slot, it is likely the next tape needed is in the next slot rather than at some random position in the storage slots. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. COMMANDS
reset Reset the tape changer to a known state. The current slot is set to the first slot. Other device-specific side effects may occur. Some gravity stackers need to be reset to the top position by hand. This command notifies Amanda the stacker is back in that posi- tion. eject If a tape is loaded in the drive, it is ejected and returned to the slot from which it was loaded. clean If a cleaning tape is defined for the changer, it is used to clean the drive. show Show the contents of all slots. This can be slow. label label Search for and load the Amanda tape with label label. taper Perform the taper scan algorithm. Load the next tape in the configuration's tape sequence, or a fresh tape with a suitable label. device Display the name of the current tape device on stdout. current Display the current slot. update Update the changer label database, if it has one, to match the tapes now available. slot slot Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from slot slot and reset current. slot current Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the current slot. slot prev Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the previous slot and reset current. slot next Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the next slot and reset current. slot first Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the first slot and reset current. slot last Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the last slot and reset current. slot advance Eject any tape in the drive and put it away. Advance current to the next tape, but do not load it. This is useful with non-gravity stackers to unload the last tape used and set up Amanda for the next run. If you just use eject, the current tape will be mounted again in the next run, where it will be rejected as being still in use, ejected and the next tape requested. Using slot next followed by eject does an unnecessary mount. Note: most changers optimize the slot commands to not eject the loaded tape if it is the one being requested. AUTHOR
James da Silva <jds@cs.umd.edu> University of Maryland, College Park SEE ALSO
amanda(8) AMTAPE(8)