Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Server Error 500. Total Newbie. Ugh. Post 25828 by Optimus_P on Tuesday 6th of August 2002 09:44:36 AM
Old 08-06-2002
Quote:
Internal Error 500:
The server was unable to send the html document to you due to an internal (server software) error.
check your httpd server.

heres a list of common error codes for html.
http://docs.yahoo.com/docs/writeus/error.html

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is this the UNIX operating system board? TOTAL NEWBIE

I'm trying to find information to help me switch to UNIX os from Windows98. Is this where I should be? If so, can someone get me started? I have a Compaq Presario 5030 with a USR 56k modem and other peripherials. Sound card is integrated onto the motherboard (I think). So, I need drivers, etc. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leohutt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total Newbie help getting sarted...

Basically i am not looking for you guys to write the script for me but help me understand how to write it and point me in the write direction. I can see what i want to do, just having trouble putting it into shell. I have a file Blah.txt with 400 DN's in it. I need to modify two attributes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ph1ngering
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

total newbie

Hi everyone... i'm starting to learn kshell scripting... my first task is to write a script that would execute some mysql statements to query some data, to transfer it into a file for record basis... Anyone has any samples to share? or perhaps some tips here and there? Thanks in advance...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 12yearold
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

500 Internal Server Error

:)Hi, I am working on perl-cgi script which i wrote on unix server, and now i want to run it from windows. Have put DNS entry, sybase and apache is running... But still I am getting 500 Internal Server Error!!! what could be the reason? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

5. Web Development

weird 500 Internal server error

Hi All, I am seeking some help. While trying to access my website: EDITED (hosted on private server somewhere - don't want to publicize names) - I have a weird behaviour: I can always get to the site - but some applications get a 500 Internal error. If I use FireBug (mozilla addon) I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saariko
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fill the values between -500 to 500 -awk

input -200 2.4 0 2.6 30 2.8 output -500 0 -499 0 -488 0 .......... .......... .... -200 2.4 .... ... 0 2.6 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

500 internal server error

Hi, I need a quick help from GURUs of PERL. I moved a website to a new location and got an error "Internal Server Error" instead of specific error. As i don't know PERL so i don't know how to fix it. Can anybody help me to fix this error or to generate a specific error which i can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahzad79
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have this box thing, total newbie here can someone explain?

Hey guys, I'm really new to all this side of computing and have just had this box sort of left with me and it peaked my curiosity. So i would up here in a desperate bid to find out what the hell it is because although its sort of obvious what it is, no where online is able to give me a detailed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthony346
5 Replies
NET-SERVER(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     NET-SERVER(1)

NAME
net-server - Base Net::Server starting module SYNOPSIS
net-server [base type] [net server arguments] net-server PreFork ipv '*' net-server HTTP net-server HTTP app foo.cgi net-server HTTP app foo.cgi app /=bar.cgi net-server HTTP port 8080 port 8443/ssl ipv '*' server_type PreFork --SSL_key_file=my.key --SSL_cert_file=my.crt access_log_file STDERR DESCRIPTION
The net-server program gives a simple way to test out code and try port connection parameters. Though the running server can be robust enough for full tim use, it is anticipated that this binary will just be used for basic testing of net-server ports, acting as a simple echo server, or for running development scripts as CGI. OPTIONS
"base type" The very first argument may be a Net::Server flavor. This is given as shorthand for writing out server_type "ServerFlavor". Additionally, this allows types such as HTTP and PSGI, which are not true Net::Server base types, to subclass other server types via an additional server_type argument. net-server PreFork net-server HTTP # becomes a HTTP server in the Fork flavor net-server HTTP server_type PreFork # preforking HTTP server "port" Port to bind upon. Default is 80 if running a HTTP server as root, 8080 if running a HTTP server as non-root, or 20203 otherwise. Multiple value can be given for binding to multiple ports. All of the methods for specifying port attributes enumerated in Net::Server and Net::Server::Proto are available here. net-server port 20201 net-server port 20202 net-server port 20203/IPv6 "host" Host to bind to. Default is *. Will bind to an IPv4 socket if an IPv4 address is given. Will bind to an IPv6 socket if an IPv6 address is given (requires installation of IO::Socket::INET6). If a hostname is given and "ipv" is still set to 4, an IPv4 socket will be created. If a hostname is given and "ipv" is set to 6, an IPv6 socket will be created. If a hostname is given and "ipv" is set to * (default), a lookup will be performed and any available IPv4 or IPv6 addresses will be bound. The "ipv" parameter can be set directly, or passed along in the port, or additionally can be passed as part of the hostname. net-server host localhost net-server host localhost/IPv4 There are many more options available. Please see the Net::Server documentation. AUTHOR
Paul Seamons <paul at seamons.com> LICENSE
This package may be distributed under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Perl Artistic License perl v5.16.2 2012-06-12 NET-SERVER(1)