Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to compile in unix?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to compile in unix? Post 24956 by mono on Monday 22nd of July 2002 12:19:30 PM
Old 07-22-2002
how to compile in unix?

i am a new user of unix
I saved an executable in fortran source code and now i have to compile this executable ( on unix). And i don't know to do it .what is the command?
thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX environment?

:( :confused: Does anybody here know how to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX enviroment? I am so confused. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kahuashi
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help! - How do I compile C++ in UNIX Enviroment?

:confused: Hi, does anyone here know how to compile and run C++ in UNIX environment? I am so desperate! Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kahuashi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write and compile Unix exec

Does a unix compiler come standard on Darwin or do you have to DL one. What programing langauge do you write it in... I know on MS-Dos its a bash file that just uses dos commands, but I keep hearing C in this forum. how would I write and compile code for unix? just cat a new file, use unix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mars8082686
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to compile the c programme in unix

Hi, My name is vreddy and I am learning c language now and written one programme on vi editor. how do I compile the programme please give me some advice and that would be helpfull for me. thanks vre (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasudeva
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compile a stored procedure that is there with in a script file(.sql) in unix

Hi, How can i compile the procedure code that is there in a script file (.sql) in unix. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
0 Replies

6. Programming

compile java with GUI on unix system/putty

is it possible in the first place? if so, how should I go about it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compile .exe, run in unix.

Hi all, I am using putty to access my school unix servers. I have recently downloaded a source file of a software in .tar format. I change the code of the program and compile it in VS8 and build an .exe file. 1) I copy the .exe file to my school account but I could not make it work. How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkullana
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling gcc to compile make to compile yaboot

I have just installed OpenBSD on a 333MHz PPC iMac G3. It has a 6GB HDD that has been partitioned as 1GB MacOS 8.5.1, 3GB MacOS X 10.3.9, 2GB OpenBSD 4.8. I now need to install a bootloader so that my computer can recognize the OpenBSD partition at startup. I have been trying to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t04st3r
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can i get UNIX kernel and compile it like Linux ?

I am not a newbie to Linux, i have been using Linux as my desktop for 4 years, but i am just an end user to Linux, no advanced knowledge to it. I knew that, i can download generic linux kernel and compile it by myself, but how about Unix? how can i get an Unix kernel and compile it ? or no this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wong.sie.ung
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compile and run java in UNIX?

Hi Im using MobaXterm Unix on my windows XP.I want to compile java in unix.I have installed java to the following path C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_09\bin In order to compile the java prog im typing the following command after entering into the bin directory: C:\Program... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak3141
2 Replies
GAUCHE-CONFIG(1)						  Gauche Commands						  GAUCHE-CONFIG(1)

NAME
gauche-config - retrieve configuration parameters of Gauche SYNOPSIS
gauche-config option DESCRIPTION
Gauche-config displays various parameters specified at the configuration time of the Gauche Scheme implementation. It can be used in Make- file and other configuration scripts that uses Gauche. OPTIONS
General parameters -V Gauche version. --reconfigure Prints the command line used to configure the current Gauche installation. It is pretty handy to configure another Gauche source tree with the same configuration; just type `gauche-config --reconfigure | sh'. Parameters to compile an application using Gauche -I, -L, -l List of "-I" options (include directories), "-L" options (library directories), and "-l" options (libraries) for the compiler which are required to compile applications that links Gauche library. --cc Name of the compiler used to compile the current installation. --ac Directory name that contains Gauche specific autoconf macro. --arch The architecture signature, which is used in the pathname of architecture-dependent files, e.g. "i686-pc-linux-gnu". Parameters to install files --syslibdir, --sysarchdir, --sysincdir Directories where the Gauche core system's Scheme files, architecture-dependent files, and header files are installed, respectively. These directories belong to Gauche core; additional packages should not put files in them. --sitelibdir, --sitearchdir, --siteincdir Directories where the additional packages will put Scheme files, architecture-dependent files, and header files, respectively. --pkglibdir, --pkgarchdir, --pkgincdir Same as --sitelibdir etc, except that the base directory name is left as `${datadir}'. The result is suitable to be embedded in Makefiles, for the base directory could be overridden at build time rather than configure time. The default template for Gauche extension packages use these options. --mandir, --infodir Directories where gauche manpage and info docs are installed. Parameters to compile Gauche extention --object-suffix Extension of the compiled objects (e.g. 'o'). --executable-suffix Suffix of the executable (usually empty on Unix variants, and '.exe' on Windows. Note that '.' is a part of suffix in this option, as opposed to other -suffix options. --so-suffix Extension of the dynamically loadable (dlopen-able) modules (e.g. 'so' or 'dll'). --so-cflags Flags required to compile shared object. --so-ldflags Flags required to link a gauche extension. --so-libs Libraries to be linked with a gauche extension. --dylib-suffix Suffix for dynamically linked libraries. Some unix variants require special suffix (such as 'dylib'). On other platforms this is the same as '--so-suffix'. --dylib-ldflags Flags required to link dynamically linked library file. Some unix variants require special flags. On other platforms this is the same as '--so-ldflags'. --rpath-flag Compler flag(s) to embed RPATH in the binary. --libgauche-so The name of shared library of libgauche. AUTHORS
Shiro Kawai (shiro @ acm . org) SEE ALSO
gosh(1), gauche-package(1) Gauche Scheme script engine: http://practical-scheme.net/gauche/ Gauche 0.9.1 GAUCHE-CONFIG(1)