Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers RedHat display cpu configuration Post 24875 by sTorm on Friday 19th of July 2002 03:24:08 AM
Old 07-19-2002
I don't know if it works with RedHat, but on Mandrake you can do a
more /proc/cpuinfo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

x window configuration for redhat 6.0

I recently tried to install redhat 6.0 on my IBM desk top. Everything was fine except the x window. After the installation, I logged in, the icons and graphics were so big that I even could not read a complete message in one screen. I did not find any helpful tool in the control panel to help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yinuod
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

qmail configuration in redhat linux - doubts

hi, How to Install & configure the qmail in redhat linux? and also how to get the free qmail package? I know the sendmail configuration in redhat linux. What is the features of qmail compared with sendmail? Regards, Jones (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jones_linux
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Containers : cpu configuration resource

Hi. I get the follow output when use the poolcfg -c info , associated to one zone-server defined : pset revenuedb02-pset int pset.sys_id 6 boolean pset.default false uint pset.min 4 uint pset.max 12 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Dns configuration error in Redhat

Dear All I want to configure DNS in redhat linux. i am following these steps but when i restart the services it is showing status failed. Please any body can help me on urgent basis. #service named restart Stopping named: Starting named: ---------Edited in named.conf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

how to get cpu and memory configuration on sun

Hi folks, can you please help to print cpu and memory configuration on sun host. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggolub
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX / LINUX OS CPU configuration details

Hi, How to find the cpu configuration details of Cores, Speed MHz, virtual processors for the following servers: LINUX OS Servers: Linux 2.6.9-89.0.3.ELsmp #1 SMP Sat Jun 13 07:05:54 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux. (Cores, Speed, Processor) Linux 2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP Tue Aug 18... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagtheesh
5 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Limit CPU and RAM utilization for new user in RedHat

We have a system with 4 Xeon Processors each with 10 cores, total 512 GB RAM and 10 TB Hard Drive. we want to create multiple user accounts with different resource limitations as : User 1: RAM : 50GB, PROCESSOR: 10 Cores , User folder in home directory of 10GB space. User 2: RAM :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Monotring cpu and VMstat in Redhat Linux

Hi , Please some one help me out . How to write a shell cript to monitor cpu usage vmstat and in Redhat linux . vmstat out put should be in percentage. Thanks in advance !!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saanvi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me to monitor cpu usage vmstat in Redhat Linux .

Hi , Please some one help me How to write a shell script to monitor cpu usage vmstat in Redhat linux . Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saanvi
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

[nmcli] Where is the configuration file of device (redhat 7)

OS is redhat 7. # nmcli dev DEVICE TYPE STATE CONNECTION virbr0 bridge disconnected -- eno16777736 ethernet disconnected -- eno33554960 ethernet disconnected -- virbr0-nic ethernet disconnected -- lo ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tien86
1 Replies
cpufreq-set(1)															    cpufreq-set(1)

NAME
cpufreq-set - A small tool which allows to modify cpufreq settings. SYNTAX
cpufreq-set [options] DESCRIPTION
cpufreq-set allows you to modify cpufreq settings without having to type e.g. "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_set_speed" all the time. OPTIONS
-c --cpu <CPU> number of CPU where cpufreq settings shall be modified. -d --min <FREQ> new minimum CPU frequency the governor may select. -u --max <FREQ> new maximum CPU frequency the governor may select. -g --governor <GOV> new cpufreq governor. -f --freq <FREQ> specific frequency to be set. Requires userspace governor to be available and loaded. -r --related modify all hardware-related CPUs at the same time -h --help Prints out the help screen. REMARKS
Omitting the -c or --cpu argument is equivalent to setting it to zero. The -f FREQ, --freq FREQ parameter cannot be combined with any other parameter except the -c CPU, --cpu CPU parameter. FREQuencies can be passed in Hz, kHz (default), MHz, GHz, or THz by postfixing the value with the wanted unit name, without any space (fre- quency in kHz =^ Hz * 0.001 =^ MHz * 1000 =^ GHz * 1000000). On Linux kernels up to 2.6.29, the -r or --related parameter is ignored. FILES
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/ /proc/cpufreq (deprecated) /proc/sys/cpu/ (deprecated) AUTHORS
Dominik Brodowski <linux@brodo.de> - author Mattia Dongili<malattia@gmail.com> - first autolibtoolization SEE ALSO
cpufreq-info(1) Mattia Dongili 0.1 cpufreq-set(1)