Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers RedHat display cpu configuration Post 24873 by witt on Friday 19th of July 2002 02:36:46 AM
Old 07-19-2002
RedHat display cpu configuration

Hello people !

Does anyone knows how can I get the CPU configuration in the RedHat Box ???

I need know the frequence of cpu and how much cpu(s) in my box ...

Thank you,
Witt
witt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

x window configuration for redhat 6.0

I recently tried to install redhat 6.0 on my IBM desk top. Everything was fine except the x window. After the installation, I logged in, the icons and graphics were so big that I even could not read a complete message in one screen. I did not find any helpful tool in the control panel to help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yinuod
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

qmail configuration in redhat linux - doubts

hi, How to Install & configure the qmail in redhat linux? and also how to get the free qmail package? I know the sendmail configuration in redhat linux. What is the features of qmail compared with sendmail? Regards, Jones (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jones_linux
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Containers : cpu configuration resource

Hi. I get the follow output when use the poolcfg -c info , associated to one zone-server defined : pset revenuedb02-pset int pset.sys_id 6 boolean pset.default false uint pset.min 4 uint pset.max 12 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Dns configuration error in Redhat

Dear All I want to configure DNS in redhat linux. i am following these steps but when i restart the services it is showing status failed. Please any body can help me on urgent basis. #service named restart Stopping named: Starting named: ---------Edited in named.conf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

how to get cpu and memory configuration on sun

Hi folks, can you please help to print cpu and memory configuration on sun host. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggolub
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX / LINUX OS CPU configuration details

Hi, How to find the cpu configuration details of Cores, Speed MHz, virtual processors for the following servers: LINUX OS Servers: Linux 2.6.9-89.0.3.ELsmp #1 SMP Sat Jun 13 07:05:54 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux. (Cores, Speed, Processor) Linux 2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP Tue Aug 18... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagtheesh
5 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Limit CPU and RAM utilization for new user in RedHat

We have a system with 4 Xeon Processors each with 10 cores, total 512 GB RAM and 10 TB Hard Drive. we want to create multiple user accounts with different resource limitations as : User 1: RAM : 50GB, PROCESSOR: 10 Cores , User folder in home directory of 10GB space. User 2: RAM :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Monotring cpu and VMstat in Redhat Linux

Hi , Please some one help me out . How to write a shell cript to monitor cpu usage vmstat and in Redhat linux . vmstat out put should be in percentage. Thanks in advance !!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saanvi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me to monitor cpu usage vmstat in Redhat Linux .

Hi , Please some one help me How to write a shell script to monitor cpu usage vmstat in Redhat linux . Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saanvi
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

[nmcli] Where is the configuration file of device (redhat 7)

OS is redhat 7. # nmcli dev DEVICE TYPE STATE CONNECTION virbr0 bridge disconnected -- eno16777736 ethernet disconnected -- eno33554960 ethernet disconnected -- virbr0-nic ethernet disconnected -- lo ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tien86
1 Replies
CHCPU(8)							   User Manuals 							  CHCPU(8)

NAME
chcpu - configure CPUs SYNOPSIS
chcpu [-e] [-d] [-c] [-g] cpu-list chcpu [-p] mode chcpu -r chcpu [-h] [-V] DESCRIPTION
chcpu can modify the state of CPUs. It can enable or disable CPUs, scan for new CPUs, change the CPU dispatching mode of the underlying hypervisor, and request CPUs from the hypervisor (configure) or return CPUs to the hypervisor (deconfigure). Some options have a cpu-list argument. Use this argument to specify a comma-separated list of CPUs. The list can contain individual CPU addresses or ranges of addresses. For example, 0,5,7,9-11 makes the command applicable to the CPUs with the addresses 0, 5, 7, 9, 10, and 11. OPTIONS
-r, --rescan Trigger a rescan of CPUs. Use this option on systems that do not automatically detect newly attached CPUs. The Linux kernel then recognizes the new CPUs. -c, --configure cpu-list Configure all specified CPUs. Configuring a CPU means that the hypervisor takes a CPU from the CPU pool and assigns it to the vir- tual hardware on which your kernel runs. -e, --enable cpu-list Enable all specified CPUs. Enabling a CPU means that the kernel sets it online. A CPU must be configured, see -c, before it can be enabled. -p, --dispatch mode Set the CPU dispatching mode (polarization). This option has an effect only if your hardware architecture and hypervisor support CPU polarization. Available modes are: horizontal The workload is spread across all available CPUs. vertical The workload is concentrated on few CPUs. -d, --disable cpu-list Disable all specified CPUs. Disabling a CPU means that the kernel sets it offline. -g, --deconfigure cpu-list Deconfigure all specified CPUs. Deconfiguring a CPU means that the hypervisor removes the CPU from the virtual hardware on which the Linux instance runs and returns it to the CPU pool. A CPU must be offline, see -d, before it can be deconfigured. -h, --help Display help information and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. AUTHOR
Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@de.ibm.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright IBM Corp. 2011 SEE ALSO
lscpu(1) AVAILABILITY
The chcpu command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. Linux June 2012 CHCPU(8)