Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: List Files Recursively
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List Files Recursively Post 23334 by roberthawke on Friday 21st of June 2002 06:37:49 AM
Old 06-21-2002
I've got no idea, what the hell is up with that system, however pg and awk and find do not work. It only says:

bash: awk: command not found
bash: pg: command not found
bash: find: command not found

I'm not working on a local unix machine. I use SSH. Could it be that these commands are blocked for SSH??

Or do I probably run the wrong shell

By the way:

man doesn't work either!

Last edited by roberthawke; 06-21-2002 at 07:45 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls command to list recursively ONLY subdirectories

:confused: ls -dlRr I've tried different combinations of the ls command using the above-mentioned options but none of them are giving me the output I am looking for. Objective: To get a recursive listing of all subdirectories from a particular starting point. For example, if my starting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy only files recursively

Hi, find . | xargs -s 47518 can list all the files and directories recursively , is there any possibility to copy only files from directories and subdirectoreis once it is listed. Please help Thans & Regards Uma (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umapearl
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files recursively

hi I have files named 123_234_aaa.jpg 234_231_345.jpg and i wish to rename these files to aaa.jpg and 345.jpg. i.e inital number,_,next number should be removed form the file name. Please let me know how can i do it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in moving files recursively

Hi, I have d1,d2,d3 directories / /home/abc/d1 /home/abc/d2 /home/abc/d3 d1,d2 and d3 also have subdirctories. d1-->d11-->d12 d2-->d22-->d23 d3-->d33-->d34 All these directories have files like date_filename.txt so I want to find the files recusively for a particular date from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list all files in dir and sub-dir's recursively along with file size?

I am very new to unix as well as shell scripting. I have to write a script for the following requirement. In have to list all the files in directory and its sub directories along with file path and size of the file Please help me in this regard and many thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmakkena
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List directories and sub directories recursively excluding files

Hi, Please help me, how to get all the direcotries, its sub directories and its sub directories recursively, need to exclude all the files in the process. I wanted to disply using a unix command all the directories recursively excluding files. I tried 'ls -FR' but that display files as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively move directories along with files/specific files

I would like to transfer all files ending with .log from /tmp and to /tmp/archive (using find ) The directory structure looks like :- /tmp a.log b.log c.log /abcd d.log e.log When I tried the following command , it movies all the log files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

count files recursively

Hi, New to shell scripting. I am trying to count number of files in a directory that contains lot of sub-directories. Any input on this greatly appreciated. thank you! (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to recursively search for a list of keywords in a given directory?

Hi all, how to recursively search for a list of keywords in a given directory?? for example: suppose i have kept all the keywords in a file called "procnamelist" (in separate line) and i have to search recursively in a directory called "target/dir" if i am not doing recursive search then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
4 Replies

10. Linux

Search files recursively

grep pattern filename To search for the pattern in all files in the current directory and the sub-directories recursively, what needs to be substituted in filename? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
1 Replies
GPG-ZIP(1)							 GNU Privacy Guard							GPG-ZIP(1)

NAME
gpg-zip - Encrypt or sign files into an archive SYNOPSIS
gpg-zip [options] filename1 [ filename2, ... ] directory1 [ directory2, ... ] DESCRIPTION
gpg-zip encrypts or signs files into an archive. It is an gpg-ized tar using the same format as used by PGP's PGP Zip. OPTIONS
gpg-zip understands these options: --encrypt -e Encrypt data. This option may be combined with --symmetric (for output that may be decrypted via a secret key or a passphrase). --decrypt -d Decrypt data. --symmetric -c Encrypt with a symmetric cipher using a passphrase. The default symmetric cipher used is CAST5, but may be chosen with the --cipher-algo option to gpg. --sign -s Make a signature. See gpg. --recipient user -r user Encrypt for user id user. See gpg. --local-user user -u user Use user as the key to sign with. See gpg. --list-archive List the contents of the specified archive. --output file -o file Write output to specified file file. --gpg gpgcmd Use the specified command gpgcmd instead of gpg. --gpg-args args Pass the specified options to gpg. --tar tarcmd Use the specified command tarcmd instead of tar. --tar-args args Pass the specified options to tar. --version Print version of the program and exit. --help Display a brief help page and exit. EXAMPLES
Encrypt the contents of directory 'mydocs' for user Bob to file 'test1': gpg-zip --encrypt --output test1 --gpg-args -r Bob mydocs List the contents of archive 'test1': gpg-zip --list-archive test1 DIAGNOSTICS
The program returns 0 if everything was fine, 1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
gpg(1), tar(1), The full documentation for this tool is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If GnuPG and the info program are properly installed at your site, the command info gnupg should give you access to the complete manual including a menu structure and an index. GnuPG 2.0.15 2010-07-05 GPG-ZIP(1)