Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ftp Upload Folder
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Ftp Upload Folder Post 23282 by roberthawke on Thursday 20th of June 2002 04:48:26 AM
Old 06-20-2002
FTP UPLOAD FOLDER

Hi!

I cannot use FTP on this computer here in school (port blocked). But I can use SSH. So what I do is I log to an SSH account and use the UNIX FTP on this machine.

So first I upload the files in a tar to the SSH account, then I want to FTP all of them to my homepage account.

Is there the possibility to use TAR over the FTP account too?? Probably with the SITE command??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

upload FTP

I have a ftp server up , however when I upload a file from my desktop to the server I get this message: ftp> get uploadtest.txt Local: uploadtest.txt Remote: uploadtest.txt 227 passive Mode ( 192,168,0,1,190,75) 550 Failed to open file ftp> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keliy1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Upload of the images from the folder to the Database table

Hi all, i am new to the unix enviorment i have got a urgent requirement where we need to migrate the date from the folder heirachy that contains the "IMAGES". These images are to be uploaded on to the database table. Uploading images from the a single folder (Static) to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashisaini24
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse the .txt file for folder name and FTP to the corrsponding folder.

Oracle procedure create files on UNIX folder on a regular basis. I need to FTP files onto windows server and place the files, based on their name, in the corresponding folders. File name is as follows: ccyymmddfoldernamefile.txt; Folder Name length could be of any size; however, the prefix and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How can I upload a zip folder on a unix path from my windows folder?

Hello, I am an amature at UNIX commands and functionality. Please could you all assist me by replying to my below mentioned querry : How can I upload a zip folder on a unix path from my windows folder? Thanks guys Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajit.yadav83
2 Replies

5. Web Development

upload a complete folder

Hi, how can I upload a complete folder (and subfolders) on ftp from terminal ? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to monitor folder and upload found files via FTP

Hi everyone! I'm in a need of a shell script that search for all files in a folder, move all those files to a temp folder, and upload those files via FTP. When the file transfer via FTP completes successfully, the file is moved to a completed folder. In case any of those files fails, the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulsorock
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Only allowing chmod 777 for file upload folder

Hey everyone. I have 2 different linux servers (each one is through a different web hosting company). On both servers I have the exact same PHP file upload script that allows users to upload a file or image to the server (everything on both servers is identical). On server #1 the "attachments"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Canuck
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP upload

Hi All, I am new to this forum and i need help from you . Here i want to get a mail conformation when ever the file was uploaded to FTP server.Here is my FTP script . Can any one plz help me how to get a mail confirmation weather the file was uploaded or not. #!bin/sh HOST='192.168.2.85'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: qfund
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

chrooted SFTP upload folder

Hi List, I have set up a chrooted SFTP setup following the instructions I found on tech republic: /blog/opensource/chroot-users-with-openssh-an-easier-way-to-confine-users-to-their-home-directories/229 I have successfully got it all working and I can download files when logged in via sftp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Upload

Can any one help in writing FTP upload script using bash .. with specific port -oPort=62022 #/bin/bash FTPU="username" # ftp login name FTPP="password" # ftp password FTPS="localhost.com" # remote ftp server FTPF="/test" # remote ftp server directory for $FTPU & $FTPP port="2345"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram5019
3 Replies
FOLDER(1)							     [nmh-1.5]								 FOLDER(1)

NAME
folder, folders - set/list current folder/message SYNOPSIS
folder [+folder] [msg] [-all | -noall] [-create | -nocreate] [-fast | -nofast] [-header | -noheader] [-recurse | -norecurse] [-total | -nototal] [-list | -nolist] [-push | -pop] [-pack | -nopack] [-print] [-verbose | -noverbose] [-version] [-help] folders is equivalent to folder -all DESCRIPTION
Since the nmh environment is the shell, it is easy to lose track of the current folder from day to day. When folder is given the -print switch (the default), folder will list the current folder, the number of messages in it, the range of the messages (low-high), and the cur- rent message within the folder, and will flag extra files if they exist. An example of this summary is: inbox+ has 16 messages ( 3- 22); cur= 5. If a +folder and/or msg are specified, they will become the current folder and/or message. By comparison, when a +folder argument is given, this corresponds to a "cd" operation in the shell; when no +folder argument is given, this corresponds roughly to a "pwd" operation in the shell. If the specified (or default) folder doesn't exist, the default action is to query the user as to whether the folder should be created; when standard input is not a tty, the answer to the query is assumed to be "yes". Specifying -create will cause folder to create new folders without any query. (This is the easy way to create an empty folder for use later.) Specifying -nocreate will cause folder to exit without creating a non-existant folder. Multiple Folders Specifying -all will produce a summary line for each top-level folder in the user's nmh directory, sorted alphabetically. (If folder is invoked by a name ending with "s" (e.g. folders), -all is assumed). Specifying -recurse with -all will also produce a line for all sub- folders. These folders are all preceded by the read-only folders, which occur as "atr-cur-" entries in the user's nmh context. For exam- ple: FOLDER # MESSAGES RANGE CUR (OTHERS) /var/work/folder has 35 messages ( 1- 35); cur=23. /usr/bugs/Mail has 82 messages ( 1-108); cur=82. ff has no messages. inbox+ has 16 messages ( 3- 22); cur= 5. mh has 76 messages (15- 76); cur=70. notes has 2 messages ( 1- 2); cur= 1. ucom has 124 messages ( 1-124); cur= 6; (others). TOTAL = 339 messages in 7 folders The "+" after inbox indicates that it is the current folder. The "(others)" indicates that the folder ucom has files which aren't mes- sages. These files may either be sub-folders, or files that don't belong under the nmh file naming scheme. The header is output if either a -all or a -header switch is specified. It is suppressed by -noheader. The folder and message totals are output if either a -all or a -total switch is specified. It is suppressed by -nototal. If -fast is given, only the folder name (or names in the case of -all) will be listed. (This is faster because the folders need not be read.) If a +folder is given along with the -all switch, folder will, in addition to setting the current folder, list the top-level subfolders for the current folder (with -norecurse) or list all sub-folders under the current folder recursively (with -recurse). If msg is supplied, together with +folder or without -all, it will become the current message of +folder (if it had been supplied) or the current folder. The -recurse switch lists each folder recursively, so use of this option effectively defeats the speed enhancement of the -fast option, since each folder must be searched for subfolders. Nevertheless, the combination of these options is useful. Compacting a Folder The -pack switch will compress the message names in the designated folders, removing holes in message numbering. The -verbose switch directs folder to tell the user the general actions that it is taking to compress the folder. The Folder Stack The -push switch directs folder to push the current folder onto the folder-stack, and make the +folder argument the current folder. If +folder is not given, the current folder and the top of the folder-stack are exchanged. This corresponds to the "pushd" operation in the shell. The -pop switch directs folder to discard the top of the folder-stack, after setting the current folder to that value. No +folder argument is allowed. This corresponds to the "popd" operation in the shell. The -push switch and the -pop switch are mutually exclusive: the last occurrence of either one overrides any previous occurrence of the other. Both of these switches also set -list by default. The -list switch directs folder to list the contents of the folder-stack. No +folder argument is allowed. After a successful -push or -pop, the -list action is taken, unless a -nolist switch follows them on the command line. This corresponds to the "dirs" operation in the shell. The -push, -pop, and -list switches turn off -print. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Folder-Protect: To set mode when creating a new folder Folder-Stack: To determine the folder stack SEE ALSO
refile(1), mhpath(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder `msg' defaults to none `-nofast' `-noheader' `-nototal' `-nopack' `-norecurse' `-noverbose' `-print' is the default if no -list, -push, or -pop is specified `-list' is the default if -push, or -pop is specified CONTEXT
If +folder and/or msg are given, they will become the current folder and/or message. BUGS
There is no way to restore the default behavior (to ask the user whether to create a non-existant folder) after -create or -nocreate is given. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 FOLDER(1)