Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Access Control Lists for Linux (Redhat 7.2) Post 23272 by killerserv on Thursday 20th of June 2002 12:07:14 AM
Old 06-20-2002
Im not sure Linux have ACL Control lists in its kernel. If RH7.2 doesnt have one give a try on this download page.

http://acl.bestbits.at/download.html

The Man Page (Command Lists for ACL)

http://acl.bestbits.at/man/man.shtml

FAQ for Acl on Linux submissions.

http://acl.bestbits.at/faq.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Access Control

In Windows XP, there are 3 default access control groups namely: Administrators, Users and Power Users. Is there default access control groups in Unix system? If there is, what are they? newbie. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zertoir
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access control Lists

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with ACL's. I have a file, say output, created by the root user, member of group other. Its permissions are rwxr--r--. I want only people in group other to have rwx access, but I also want one other user, stephen, member of some_other_group to have rwx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sroberts82
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access Control List

Hey all, I have a directory (own by user: b; group: grpB) which I want a user (user: a; group: grpA) to be able to read and execute from, I wonder if I should add user a to this particular directory's ACL or that I would add group grpB to user a's subgroup? I would like to know the difference... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Command for access control list

Hi, I want to set access control list on folders but it should be recursively, any Idea? command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does U*X have Access Control Lists?

In OS like windows, I can define an Access Control List (ACL) and specify which accounts and groups have what access to a specific file. I assume U*X, Linux and cygwin on windows have this ACL feature too. I'm using cygwin on windows. What do I type at a bash prompt to allow a specific user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Access Control

I need to control intenet access @ work. xample. I need PC 1 to only be able to access these five sites and add to the list as needed. Can anyone pint me a direction. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fruiz
1 Replies

7. AIX

Access control using LDAP

Hello, I've configurated a LDAP user authentication on AIX V6 against Active Directory (Windows Server 2008). The Tree is built as follows: test (DC) |--- testgroup (group with members: user1, user2) | |--- sys1 (OU) | |--- sys1group (group with member: user1) | |--- sys2 (OU)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xia777
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

eTrust Access Control

Hi, I am using eTrust Access Control at work. I have got no output after type checklogin. I wonder what is the reason. Does anyone know? Thanks eTrustAC selang v8.00a-1555.13 - eTrustAC command line interpreter Copyright (c) 2006 CA. All rights reserved. eTrustAC> checklogin user1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to access redhat Linux box graphically from windows box?

Hi I have a linux box and need to access from windows graphically # uname -a Linux pc-l416116 2.6.18-155.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jun 19 17:06:47 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux What components do I need to install on Linux and windows to do that? TIA (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
6 Replies

10. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)