Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Access Control Lists for Linux (Redhat 7.2) Post 23226 by ianf on Wednesday 19th of June 2002 04:53:42 AM
Old 06-19-2002
Question Access Control Lists for Linux (Redhat 7.2)

Hi,

Does anyone know if Redhat 7.2 allows for file access control lists as you can in Solaris ?

And if so, can you give me the basic command as I'm having trouble finding documentation on this.

Thanx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Access Control

In Windows XP, there are 3 default access control groups namely: Administrators, Users and Power Users. Is there default access control groups in Unix system? If there is, what are they? newbie. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zertoir
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access control Lists

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with ACL's. I have a file, say output, created by the root user, member of group other. Its permissions are rwxr--r--. I want only people in group other to have rwx access, but I also want one other user, stephen, member of some_other_group to have rwx... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sroberts82
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access Control List

Hey all, I have a directory (own by user: b; group: grpB) which I want a user (user: a; group: grpA) to be able to read and execute from, I wonder if I should add user a to this particular directory's ACL or that I would add group grpB to user a's subgroup? I would like to know the difference... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Command for access control list

Hi, I want to set access control list on folders but it should be recursively, any Idea? command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does U*X have Access Control Lists?

In OS like windows, I can define an Access Control List (ACL) and specify which accounts and groups have what access to a specific file. I assume U*X, Linux and cygwin on windows have this ACL feature too. I'm using cygwin on windows. What do I type at a bash prompt to allow a specific user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Access Control

I need to control intenet access @ work. xample. I need PC 1 to only be able to access these five sites and add to the list as needed. Can anyone pint me a direction. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fruiz
1 Replies

7. AIX

Access control using LDAP

Hello, I've configurated a LDAP user authentication on AIX V6 against Active Directory (Windows Server 2008). The Tree is built as follows: test (DC) |--- testgroup (group with members: user1, user2) | |--- sys1 (OU) | |--- sys1group (group with member: user1) | |--- sys2 (OU)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xia777
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

eTrust Access Control

Hi, I am using eTrust Access Control at work. I have got no output after type checklogin. I wonder what is the reason. Does anyone know? Thanks eTrustAC selang v8.00a-1555.13 - eTrustAC command line interpreter Copyright (c) 2006 CA. All rights reserved. eTrustAC> checklogin user1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to access redhat Linux box graphically from windows box?

Hi I have a linux box and need to access from windows graphically # uname -a Linux pc-l416116 2.6.18-155.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jun 19 17:06:47 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux What components do I need to install on Linux and windows to do that? TIA (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
6 Replies

10. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies
ACL_EXTENDED_FD(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					ACL_EXTENDED_FD(3)

NAME
acl_extended_fd -- test for information in the ACL by file descriptor LIBRARY
Linux Access Control Lists library (libacl, -lacl). SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <acl/libacl.h> int acl_extended_fd(int fd); DESCRIPTION
The acl_extended_fd() function returns 1 if the file identified by the argument fd is associated with an extended access ACL. The function returns 0 if the file does not have an extended access ACL. An extended ACL is an ACL that contains entries other than the three required entries of tag types ACL_USER_OBJ, ACL_GROUP_OBJ and ACL_OTHER. If the result of the acl_extended_fd() function for a file object is 0, then the ACL defines no discretionary access rights other than those already defined by the traditional file permission bits. Access to the file object may be further restricted by other mechanisms, such as Mandatory Access Control schemes. The access(2) system call can be used to check whether a given type of access to a file object would be granted. RETURN VALUE
If successful, the acl_extended_fd() function returns 1 if the file object identified by fd has an extended access ACL, and 0 if the file object identified by fd does not have an extended access ACL. Otherwise, the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If any of the following conditions occur, the acl_extended_fd() function returns -1 and sets errno to the corresponding value: [EBADF] The fd argument is not a valid file descriptor. [ENOTSUP] The file system on which the file identified by fd is located does not support ACLs, or ACLs are disabled. STANDARDS
This is a non-portable, Linux specific extension to the ACL manipulation functions defined in IEEE Std 1003.1e draft 17 ("POSIX.1e", aban- doned). SEE ALSO
access(2), acl_get_fd(3), acl(5) AUTHOR
Written by Andreas Gruenbacher <a.gruenbacher@computer.org>. Linux ACL March 23, 2002 Linux ACL