Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: replace tab with space
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers replace tab with space Post 22927 by avnerht on Thursday 13th of June 2002 07:30:28 AM
Old 06-13-2002
found it - expand

use :
expand

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to echo a <tab> space?

I've tried this: echo "${bold}User${norm} : u"\t"${bold}All Users ${norm} : a\t" and i got this output: Specific User : u\tAll User: a\t (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in tab space !

i have a commad that display the total each directory size in KB.Below the commad and o/p: ls -ltr | grep ^d | awk '{print $9}' | xargs du -sk output: what i want is the proper tab space b/w value and dir.? how to get that. thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace new line ( \n ) with space or Tab in Sed

Hi, how to replace new line with tab in sed ... i used sed -e 's/\n/\t/g' <filename > but its not working (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delimiter: Tab or Space?

Hello, Is there a direct command to check if the delimiter in your file is a tab or a space? And how can they be converted from one to another. Thanks, G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to keep tab from being converted to space

Hi, I want to read lines from a file, and I'm using two methods 1 use while read line do done<filename 2 use line=`sed -n '3p' filename` however, in both of them, I notice that the tab between fields are automatically converted to space because I want to use awk over the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: esolvepolito
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing only the first space to a tab in a space delimited text file

Hi, I have a space delimited text file but I only want to change the first space to a tab and keep the rest of the spaces intact. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace space and tab to pipe delimeter

I have file like below abc 12 34 45 code abcdef 451 1 4 code ghtyggg 4 56 3 code I need to change this to abc|12|34|45|code| abcdef|451|1|4|code| ghtyggg|4|56|3|code| I tried replace space with | in sed ... but in the middle some row has... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Replace first two set of space(s) with tab

My data is jumbled up in the following way. I want to replace only the first two occurrences of space sets (may be a single space also) in every line with a single tab, please help. I want to be able to import the tab delimited columns into excel. Input a b c d e f g h i line1 j k ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gina.lizar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove tab space if any in a variable?

I have a variable sumOfJEOutputFile which is the output file of an SQL command which contains the output of that SQL. The output looks like below: ----------- 58 I am using following code to manipulate the output: (sed 1,2d $sumOfJEOutputFile > $newTemp1 | sed '$d' $newTemp1)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace space by tAB

My file looks like 3 33 210.01.10.0 2.1 1211 560 26 45 1298 98763451112 15412323499 INPUT OK 3 233 40.01.10.0 2.1 1451 780 54 99 1876 78787878784 15423210199 CANCEL OK Aim is to replace the spaces in each line by tab Used: sed -e 's/ */\t/g' But I get output like this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa@@
3 Replies
XmTabListCopy(library call)											       XmTabListCopy(library call)

NAME
XmTabListCopy -- A convenience function that creates a new tab list from an existing list SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> XmTabList XmTabListCopy( XmTabList tablist, int offset, Cardinal count); DESCRIPTION
XmTabListCopy creates a new tab list consisting of a copy of a portion of the contents of the tablist argument. This function starts copy- ing at the specified offset value of the tab list and copies count values. tablist Specifies a tab list to be copied. offset Specifies where to start copying. A value of 0 (zero) indicates begin at the beginning, a value of 1 indicates to skip the first tab, and so on. A negative indicates to begin counting backwards from the end. A value of -1 indicates to start copying from the last tab. count Specifies the number of tabs to copy. A value of 0 (zero) indicates to copy all elements from the starting point to the end (beginning if offset is negative) of the tab list. RETURN
If tablist is NULL, this function returns NULL. Otherwise, this function returns a newly allocated XmTabList. If the function does allo- cate an XmTabList, then the application is responsible for managing the allocated space. The application can recover the allocated space by calling XmTabListFree. RELATED
XmTabList(3) and XmTabListFree(3). XmTabListCopy(library call)