Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Add Two Variables
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add Two Variables Post 20786 by cdin on Friday 3rd of May 2002 03:22:10 PM
Old 05-03-2002
Thanks. I finally found the problem. I was reading a text file and trying to add the value on line 28 to another variable. The problem was the text file was zipped in DOS and then sent to me. So, it contains an extra control code (control-M). Once I delete the control code, bc works great. Really appreciate your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Add environment variables for all users

hi I need to add environment variables for all users and make them available when they login. I don't know which file to edit. Also these variables should be displayed when "env" command is executed. Please help....which file is common for all users, without editing their specific .profile or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
2 Replies

2. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash - add backslash in front of variables w/ spaces

Hello, Im writing a script that works by recursively going into directories with find. But I have some directories that have spaces in them.. so I need to parse the variables to add a backslash before the spaces. Im not exactly sure how how to do this in bash, and honestly I dont think I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find Specific records from file and add totals into variables

Hi Eveyone, I am working on one shell script to find the specific records from data file and add the totals into variables and print them. you can find the sample data file below for more clarification. Sample Data File: PXSTYL00__20090803USA CHCART00__20090803IND... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeru
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and for each line replace two variables, add strings and save output in another file

Hi All, I have a file, let's call it "info.tmp" that contains data like this .. ABC123456 PCX333445 BCD789833 I need to read "info.tmp" and for each line add strings in a way that the final output is put /logs/ua/dummy.trigger 'AAA00001.FTP.XXX.BLA03A01.xxxxxx(+1)' where XXX... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy_ARG
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Working with date (add minutes using variables)

Dear all, today I'm scratching my head with a simple (I believe) issue. Working with date is quite simple, so if I Need to add some seconds to current time, I'll use: date --date='+30 seconds' +"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"But, how to pass the value to add from a variable? I tried the following without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH arrays and variables of variables in C++

Sometimes it is handy to protect long scripts in C++. The following syntax works fine for simple commands: #define SHELLSCRIPT1 "\ #/bin/bash \n\ echo \"hello\" \n\ " int main () { cout <<system(SHELLSCRIPT1); return 0; } Unfortunately for there are problems for: 1d arrays:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass variables into anothother variables?

Below are three variables, which I want to pass into variable RESULT1 username1=userid poihostname1=dellsys.com port1=8080 How can I pass these variables into below code... RESULT1=$((ssh -n username1@poihostname1 time /usr/sfw/bin/wget --user=sam --password=123 -O /dev/null -q... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manohar2013
4 Replies
term::ansi::code::attr(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::code::attr(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::code::attr - ANSI attribute sequences SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::code ?0.1? package require term::ansi::code::attr ?0.1? ::term::ansi::code::attr::names ::term::ansi::code::attr::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgblack ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgred ::term::ansi::code::attr::fggreen ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgyellow ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgblue ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgmagenta ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgcyan ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgwhite ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgdefault ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgblack ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgred ::term::ansi::code::attr::bggreen ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgyellow ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgblue ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgmagenta ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgcyan ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgwhite ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgdefault ::term::ansi::code::attr::bold ::term::ansi::code::attr::dim ::term::ansi::code::attr::italic ::term::ansi::code::attr::underline ::term::ansi::code::attr::blink ::term::ansi::code::attr::revers ::term::ansi::code::attr::hidden ::term::ansi::code::attr::strike ::term::ansi::code::attr::nobold ::term::ansi::code::attr::noitalic ::term::ansi::code::attr::nounderline ::term::ansi::code::attr::noblink ::term::ansi::code::attr::norevers ::term::ansi::code::attr::nohidden ::term::ansi::code::attr::nostrike ::term::ansi::code::attr::reset _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides symbolic names for the ANSI attribute control codes. For each control code a single command is provided which returns this code as its result. None of the commands of this package write to a channel; that is handled by higher level packages, like term::ansi::send. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::code::attr::names This command is for introspection. It returns as its result a list containing the names of all attribute commands. ::term::ansi::code::attr::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace attr. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. ATTRIBUTES ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgblack Set text color to Black. ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgred Set text color to Red. ::term::ansi::code::attr::fggreen Set text color to Green. ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgyellow Set text color to Yellow. ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgblue Set text color to Blue. ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgmagenta Set text color to Magenta. ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgcyan Set text color to Cyan. ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgwhite Set text color to White. ::term::ansi::code::attr::fgdefault Set default text color (Black). ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgblack Set background to Black. ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgred Set background to Red. ::term::ansi::code::attr::bggreen Set background to Green. ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgyellow Set background to Yellow. ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgblue Set background to Blue. ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgmagenta Set background to Magenta. ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgcyan Set background to Cyan. ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgwhite Set background to White. ::term::ansi::code::attr::bgdefault Set default background (Transparent). ::term::ansi::code::attr::bold Bold on. ::term::ansi::code::attr::dim Dim on. ::term::ansi::code::attr::italic Italics on. ::term::ansi::code::attr::underline Underscore on. ::term::ansi::code::attr::blink Blink on. ::term::ansi::code::attr::revers Reverse on. ::term::ansi::code::attr::hidden Hidden on. ::term::ansi::code::attr::strike Strike-through on. ::term::ansi::code::attr::nobold Bold off. ::term::ansi::code::attr::noitalic Italics off. ::term::ansi::code::attr::nounderline Underscore off. ::term::ansi::code::attr::noblink Blink off. ::term::ansi::code::attr::norevers Reverse off. ::term::ansi::code::attr::nohidden Hidden off. ::term::ansi::code::attr::nostrike Strike-through off. ::term::ansi::code::attr::reset Reset all attributes to their default values. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, attribute control, color control, control, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::code::attr(n)