Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Removing ".nfs" files
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Removing ".nfs" files Post 19600 by Jayathirtha on Sunday 14th of April 2002 07:45:46 AM
Old 04-14-2002
Question Removing ".nfs" files

Hello,

I have a critical client-server application. I try to import a file from the local machine on to the server and open it (on the server). I can open it, but after this, when i try to open some other file on the server itself without saving this imported file, a .nfs file is being created.
This .nfs file will not be removed untill i close my application, but i am not supposed to close. Earlier i didn't have this problem. Now suddenly it started coming.

If anyone has come across anything like this, please help me in getting this sorted out.

I searched the web also, but nobody listed any solution nor the cause of this.

Thanks,
Jay.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing the "\" and "\n" character using sed or tr

Hi All, I'm trying to write a ksh script to parse a file. When the "\" character is encountered, it should be removed and the next line should be concatenated with the current line. For example... this is a test line #1\ should be concatenated with line #2\ and line number 3 when this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_coder
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix commands delete all files starting with "X" except "X" itself. HELP!!!!?

im a new student in programming and im stuck on this question so please please HELP ME. thanks. the question is this: enter a command to delete all files that have filenames starting with labtest, except labtest itself (delete all files startign with 'labtest' followed by one or more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soccerball
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than "x" if directory size is greater than "y"

I wrote a script to delete files which are older than "x" days, if the size of the directory is greater than "y" #!/bin/bash du -hs $1 while read SIZE ENTRY do if ; then find $1 -mtime +$2 -exec rm -f {} \; echo "Files older than $2 days deleted" else echo "free Space available"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Removing "Failed none for" error messages from sshd logs files

We have a number of system running the same patch level, OS version and sshd version. The systems also have the same sshd config and syslog.conf entries , however one of the systems keeps logging the following message everytime someone logs in: Nov 16 09:36:02 server389 sshd: Failed none for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Webster
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "^M" from the end of a String (i.e. "Ctrl+M")?

Hello All, I have an Expect script that ssh's to a remote server and runs some commands before exiting. One of the commands I run is the "hostname" Command. After I run this command I save the output using this line in the code below... Basically it executes the hostname command, then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
NWFSCTRL(1)							     nwfsctrl							       NWFSCTRL(1)

NAME
nwfsctrl - Perform server command SYNOPSIS
nwfsctrl [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -p ncpfs path ] -c | -o | -[f]d nwfsctrl [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -p ncpfs path ] server command DESCRIPTION
nwfsctrl performs command on server. OPTIONS
-h With -h nwfsctrl prints a little help text. -S server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. To set the server's time, you need supervisor privileges. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwfstime prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. As you need supervisor privileges for setting the date and time, this option is probably not used very often. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -o Open bindery. -c Close bindery. -d Down fileserver. This command will complain if there are open files on server. -fd Down fileserver, regardless of opened files. load module options... Load module module with options options... on server. Program will complain if module is already loaded. unload module Unload module module from server. Program will complain if module is not loaded. mount volume Mount volume volume. dismount volume Dismount volume volume. If there are open files on volume, server displays prompt on console. You must go to the server (or telnet/xcon- sole) and hit Y or N to get beyond this point). set variable = value Set server settable variable variable to value value. open bindery Open bindery. close bindery Close bindery. enable login Enable login to file server. disable login Disable login to file server. disable tts Disable TTS. This probably does not work on Netware 4.11. enable tts Enable TTS. This probably does not work on Netware 4.11. BUGS
Other commands are not written yet (volume, clear connection ...) CREDITS
This utility was created by Petr Vandrovec (vandrove@vc.cvut.cz) and is part of ncpfs since 2.2.0.11. nwfsctrl 2/12/1999 NWFSCTRL(1)