Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dns - proxy - samba
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers dns - proxy - samba Post 19043 by termiEEE on Friday 5th of April 2002 07:45:54 AM
Old 04-05-2002
nonono, i don't have to set up a new proxy server, there is already a dedicated proxyserver (on the nt4 box), even my win2k accesses internet over that one. I am working with 4 pc's here (1 win2k server, 2 FreeBSD's and 1 win2k prof) hooked on a intranet with about 100 pc's all going through that one proxy server. I just need to know now i configure FreeBSD to use that proxyserver.
But I first will try to configure DNS on the BSD box.
Thnx for the information livinfree!
i sure will let you know how i'm doing back here Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS Proxy Error

hello guys, i need a US proxy , and PlanetLabs proxies dont let me access sites i need, so i use 8080 port proxies.. when i use a working proxy, it shows me this message on the internet screen: http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1953/errorjpgor6.jpg Is there anyway i can fix this ? the proxy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yuvalz
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

proxy DNS configuration

i have the DNS and the web proxy services running on one of my sun machines....the funny thing is clients use the proxy server by addressing it with its IP address only....what i need is to assign it like...proxy.amu.edu.et...... my guess is the problem is the configuration with the DNS ...but i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: henokia4j
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

Software/tool to route an IP packet to proxy server and capture the Proxy reply as an

Hi, I am involved in a project on Debian. One of my requirement is to route an IP packet in my application to a proxy server and receive the reply from the proxy server as an IP packet. My application handles data at the IP frame level. My application creates an IP packet(with all the necessary... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_BK
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

LAN server - Proxy, DNS, WEB - I'm lost!!!

Ok! I started to do something and I got lost...and crazy! I got MW2000S gateway device that provides wireless internet access! It is configured to work as NAT. Clients connect to MW and have access to internet and it works beautifully! And now! In the same network I have Ubuntu machine. First I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvor_hardin
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

7. Solaris

samba issue: one samba share without password prompting and the others with.

Hi All, I've been trying to configure samba on Solaris 10 to allow me to have one share that is open and writable to all users and have the rest of my shares password protected by a generic account. If I set my security to user, my secured shares work just fine and prompt accordingly, but when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideal2545
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

9. IP Networking

Connecting via proxy chain to Upstream proxy

I need to configure a proxy on my local machine to use an upstream proxy (installed on another machine). The upstream proxy requires Digest/NTLM authorization. I want the local proxy to deal with the upstream proxy's authorization details and provides authorization free access to users that connect... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Russel
0 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
MIX(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    MIX(8)

NAME
mix - starts the proxyserver of the an.on anonymizing proxy project. SYNOPSIS
mix [-j] [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mix command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. ix is the a proxyserver which sends your httprequest through a chain of anonymizing proxyservers to anonymize it. Even for the JAP-Admins it is impossible to allocate the request to your IP-Address. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -a --autoreconnect auto reconnects if connection to first mix was lost -d --daemon start as daemon. -j --localproxy act as local proxy (mandatory) -l --logdir=<dir> directory where log files go to -n --next=<ip:port> first mix of cascade -p --port=<[host:]port|path> listening on [host:]port|path -s --socksport=<portnumber> listening port for socks -v --version effective user -? --help Show help message --usage Display brief usage message SEE ALSO
The JAP anonymizing Proxy-system is documented on http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by David Spreen netzwurm@debian.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). This manual was pub- lished as free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or any later version. MIX(8)