Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users looking for .profile examples Post 18823 by JimC on Wednesday 3rd of April 2002 11:31:12 AM
Old 04-03-2002
Code:
SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh
EDITOR=/usr/bin/vi;export EDITOR
VISUAL=/bin/vi;export VISUAL
umask 022
PATH=/bin:/usr/local/bin:$PATH:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/home/bsilverio/bin:/usr/bin/X
11:.;export PATH
DBA=/usr/local/bin/dba/
TOOLS=/usr/local/bin/scripts/
ORACLE_SID=TEST;export ORACLE_SID
ORAENV_ASK=YES
export DBA
export TOOLS

PAGER="more";export PAGER
VISUAL=/bin/vi;export VISUAL
LPDEST="cchp4";export LPDEST
HOSTN="numa1 "
WHOAM=`whoami`
echo ";$HOSTN:$WHOAM"

who

if  [ $TERM == "xterm" ]
        then
        echo "XTERM"
        PS1="$HOSTN$ "
fi

#
cwd() {
        cd $*
PWD=`pwd`
WHOAM=`whoami`
echo ";$HOSTN:$WHOAM:$PWD"
        }
        alias cd=cwd
cd .
#
PATH=/bin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/bin:/u00/app/oracle/product/8.1.5/bin:/us
r/sbin:/home/bsilverio/bin:/usr/bin/X11:$PATH:.;export PATH

. /usr/local/bin/oraenv
SID() {
if [ -z "${1}" ]
then
echo "Your ORACLE_SID type is set to $ORACLE_SID"
else
echo "Your ORACLE_SID was $ORACLE_SID\c"
# ORACLE_SID=${1}
export ORACLE_SID
echo " and is now -->>> $ORACLE_SID"
fi ;
}
ORAENV_ASK=
/usr/local/bin/dbstats

added code tags for readability --oombera

Last edited by oombera; 02-20-2004 at 01:58 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need examples?

Can someone give me an example of two shells? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SimpleAWK Examples

Can Anyone please give me some simple AWK Examples to clearly understand the usage and syntax of the command. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxusr123
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comprehensive expect examples

Can anybody point me to some useful, comprehensive expect examples? I am trying to build a bash script with some telnet interactions. Appreciate any help. Persio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppucci
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Awk and Sed examples

Hi all, I tried to understand what this awk and sed does but cudnt understand. Can any body explain what awk and sed means with one simple example each and complex examples each with explanation. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hard Link Examples

Hello, Please move this if I chose the wrong forum category. This question pertains to Unix and Linux I believe. I google the difference between hard and symbolic/soft links and I understand the difference. What I am trying to find is a real example of a hard link being used in a Operating... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to combine these two PS1 examples?

I need to have the following joined if possible. Any help would be appreciated. 1st PS1 is for current working directory and color in ksh88. PS1=$(printf "\033 2nd PS1 is for the time in ksh88. date '+%H %M %S' | read H M S SECONDS=$((S + 60*(60*H+M))) PS1='${DUMMY:-}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIBPreacher
3 Replies

9. Programming

Examples, usage, help in C++ program

I have written a C++ program to perform raytracing and would want to write some functions to help the user: examples, usage, help I am wondering how this is done. Would I just put some functions in the main program? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need lot of examples

Hi, I need a word doc or pdf which contains lots of Shell Programming samples... This is for my open book examination, thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
2 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/ksh93 /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/ksh93 /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/sfw/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. NOTES
Restricted shells should not be listed in /etc/shells. SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 2007 getusershell(3C)