Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users looking for .profile examples Post 18807 by JimC on Wednesday 3rd of April 2002 10:16:15 AM
Old 04-03-2002
Java looking for .profile examples

I'm looking for some 'well documented' .profile examples

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes

hi , i added ls -F to .profile. and i need to do ./.profile for the effect to take effect BUT i didnt and YET the next day when i came to work and log in, the changes took effect. i am on aix. please explain.. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need examples?

Can someone give me an example of two shells? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SimpleAWK Examples

Can Anyone please give me some simple AWK Examples to clearly understand the usage and syntax of the command. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxusr123
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comprehensive expect examples

Can anybody point me to some useful, comprehensive expect examples? I am trying to build a bash script with some telnet interactions. Appreciate any help. Persio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppucci
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Awk and Sed examples

Hi all, I tried to understand what this awk and sed does but cudnt understand. Can any body explain what awk and sed means with one simple example each and complex examples each with explanation. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hard Link Examples

Hello, Please move this if I chose the wrong forum category. This question pertains to Unix and Linux I believe. I google the difference between hard and symbolic/soft links and I understand the difference. What I am trying to find is a real example of a hard link being used in a Operating... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to combine these two PS1 examples?

I need to have the following joined if possible. Any help would be appreciated. 1st PS1 is for current working directory and color in ksh88. PS1=$(printf "\033 2nd PS1 is for the time in ksh88. date '+%H %M %S' | read H M S SECONDS=$((S + 60*(60*H+M))) PS1='${DUMMY:-}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIBPreacher
3 Replies

9. Programming

Examples, usage, help in C++ program

I have written a C++ program to perform raytracing and would want to write some functions to help the user: examples, usage, help I am wondering how this is done. Would I just put some functions in the main program? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need lot of examples

Hi, I need a word doc or pdf which contains lots of Shell Programming samples... This is for my open book examination, thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
2 Replies
TIFFICC(1)						      General Commands Manual							TIFFICC(1)

NAME
tifficc - little cms ICC profile applier for TIFF. SYNOPSIS
tifficc [options] input.tif output.tif DESCRIPTION
lcms is a standalone CMM engine, which deals with the color management. It implements a fast transformation between ICC profiles. tifficc is little cms ICC profile applier for TIFF. OPTIONS
-a Handle channels > 4 as alpha. -b Black point compensation. -c <0,1,2,3> Precalculates transform. (0=Off, 1=Normal, 2=Hi-res, 3=LoRes) [defaults to 1] -e Embed destination profile. -g Marks out-of-gamut colors on softproof. -h <0,1,2> Show summary of options and examples. -i profile Input profile (defaults to sRGB). -k <0..400> Ink-limiting in % (CMYK only). -l Transform by device-link profile. -m <0,1,2,3> SoftProof intent. -n Ignore embedded profile on input. -p profile Soft proof profile. -o profile Output profile (defaults to sRGB). -q <0..100> Output JPEG quality. -t <0,1,2,3> Intent (0=Perceptual, 1=Colorimetric, 2=Saturation, 3=Absolute). -v Verbose. -w Wide output (generates 16 bps tiff). You can also use '*Lab' and '*XYZ' as predefined, built-in profiles for CIE L*a*b* and XYZ color spaces. EXAMPLES
To color correct from scanner to sRGB: tifficc -iscanner.icm in.tif out.tif To convert from monitor1 to monitor2: tifficc -imon1.icm -omon2.icm in.tif out.tif To make a CMYK separation: tifficc -oprinter.icm inrgb.tif outcmyk.tif To recover sRGB from a CMYK separation: tifficc -iprinter.icm incmyk.tif outrgb.tif To convert from CIELab TIFF to sRGB tifficc -iTiffLab8Spac.icm in.tif out.tif NOTES
For suggestions, comments, bug reports etc. send mail to info@littlecms.com. SEE ALSO
tiffdiff(1), jpegicc(1), icc2ps(1), icclink(1), icctrans(1), wtpt(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Shiju p. Nair <shiju.p@gmail.com>, for the Debian project. September 30, 2004 TIFFICC(1)