Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to find processor frequency Post 18630 by manjunath on Monday 1st of April 2002 05:43:16 AM
Old 04-01-2002
How to find processor frequency

Hello ,

Please tell me how to find processor frequency in HP UNIX .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find processor speed & memory in HP Unix 10.2

I have a D series HP server with HP UNIX 10.20 as the OS. How will I obtain the processor speed and memory of the machine. I have 'root' privileges. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: augustinep
4 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Where can I find a Unix OS that will run on a 386 processor?

Hey, can anyone recommend a URL (or website) where I can download a basic (or old) UNIX OS that will run on an ancient laptop that has a 386 processor, 4MB of RAM and a 40MB harddrive? Your help and suggestions are much appreciated! :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: methudrez
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Frequency of CPU's on HP-UX server

Does anyone know if there is a command in hp-ux to find out the frequencies of the cpus on the server. I know in sun the command is /usr/sbin/psrinfo -v (on Sun)??Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnineill
3 Replies

4. AIX

LPAR processor/virtual processor settings

Question is on setting of Physical and Virtual processors for LPARs to make proper use of virtualization capabilities. Environment is a 8-way p570 with 4 LPARs. lparVIO1 and lparVIO2: AIX 5300-04-01 Mode/Type= Shared-SMT/Capped Minimum Processors= 0.10 Desired Processors= 0.50 Maximum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guttew
1 Replies

5. AIX

Processor and processor core

Guys... Hows it going??? I have been going through the hardware spec of IBM system p systems.. and here i am confused for IBM Power 520 Express it says Processor cores: One, two or four 64-bit 4.2 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

6. Solaris

out of frequency

:cool: after installing solaris 10 5/08/09 directory the computer rebooting then the massage "out of frequency" appear.i want a solution first second my main board is GA-MA780G UD3H (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: medo2008
14 Replies

7. AIX

Find the feature code of the installed processor card on my p550

Guys Does anyone know how to find the feature code of the installed processor card on my p550? Through AIX or HMC. Basically I need to find the processor card type. Thanks in advance Bala (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating cumulative frequency

Hi, I have a file containing the frequency's of an element sorted in ascending order. The file looks something like this: #Element Frequency 1 1 2 1 3 1 4 1 5 1 6 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajal.bhatia
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Same frequency

Hi, Could anyone help me with the following question, if I have two colums (names and frequency) as follows in a file called name.txt Michael 1 Jones 1 Ben 2 Rebeca 4 David 1 and I want to use bash script called freqnames.sh that takes one argument (name) and the output should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jboy
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find frequency

Hi, I have a file with more than 1 million records.. Each row has a distance number.. I want to know how many times is each number occurring from min to max number.. 2 5 120 208 7 28 45 6 33 120 7 208 so onn.. output 0-0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
4 Replies
processor_info(2)						   System Calls 						 processor_info(2)

NAME
processor_info - determine type and status of a processor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/processor.h> int processor_info(processorid_t processorid, processor_info_t *infop); DESCRIPTION
The processor_info() function returns the status of the processor specified by processorid in the processor_info_t structure pointed to by infop. The structure processor_info_t contains the following members: int pi_state; char pi_processor_type[PI_TYPELEN]; char pi_fputypes[PI_FPUTYPE]; int pi_clock; The pi_state member is the current state of the processor, either P_ONLINE, P_OFFLINE, P_NOINTR, P_FAULTED, P_SPARE, or P_POWEROFF. The pi_processor_type member is a null-terminated ASCII string specifying the type of the processor. The pi_fputypes member is a null-terminated ASCII string containing the comma-separated types of floating-point units (FPUs) attached to the processor. This string will be empty if no FPU is attached. The pi_clock member is the processor clock frequency rounded to the nearest megahertz. It may be 0 if not known. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The processor_info() function will fail if: EINVAL An non-existent processor ID was specified. The caller is in a non-global zone, the pools facility is active, and the processor is not a member of the zone's pool's processor set. EFAULT The processor_info_t structure pointed to by infop was not writable by the user. SEE ALSO
pooladm(1M), psradm(1M), psrinfo(1M), zoneadm(1M), p_online(2), sysconf(3C) SunOS 5.10 28 Jun 2004 processor_info(2)