Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Time_wait ??
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Time_wait ?? Post 18086 by shibz on Saturday 23rd of March 2002 05:21:26 AM
Old 03-23-2002
Time_wait ??

Hi,

My machine is Enterprise 250, solaris 2.6, with Oracle 9iApplication Server( 1022) and Apache 1.3 running.

The problem is the machine appears to be slow when accessed from remote. when we login, it takes time to connect, when we type it appears after some time and so on...

I have checked up netstat -a , there are nearly 175 TIME_WAIT connections originated by java.
( found out using lsof, thanks to the forum for 'lsof' information )
In my earlier thread I received recommendations that TIME_WAIT does not cause any problem. ( But here this seems to be something odd.)

Is this causing the problem?. I have a standby machine, with same configuration ( but Application Server and Apache is not running) on the same network. This works well from remote.

Hope to receive some information.

Thanks in Advance,

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

TIME_WAIT in netstat

Why would I get TIME_WAIT when i netstat a port?? What would be some scenarios of this situation?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TCP ports - TIME_WAIT

What is the maximum number of TCP ports that can be consumed at any one time? How can I determine what the number is or increase it? I was under the impression that with our system (UnixWare 7.1.1) 1024 was the maximum under our current Kernel tuning parms, but I think that is really just... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlkox
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TIME_WAIT state

in TCP, is TIME_WAIT state really essential..!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanth
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to kill a TCP connection which has status TIME_WAIT & no PID

Hi, I want to kill TCP connections which have status as TIME_WAIT & no PID (as per the output of the "netstat - p" command). Is there any command/utility available to kill connections to a specific port or IP address. The problem is that these connections don't have process ID (see... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davinder31may
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server has more TIME_WAIT connections in Apache(port 80)

Server has more TIME_WAIT connections in Apache(port 80) Hi, My webserver has 16GB of RAM and CentOS 5.5, Apache 2.2.3, It's shared webserver used of for webhosting. I have optmized the server as : <IfModule prefork.c>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandranjoy
4 Replies
OCI_SERVER_VERSION(3)													     OCI_SERVER_VERSION(3)

oci_server_version - Returns the Oracle Database version

SYNOPSIS
string oci_server_version (resource $connection) DESCRIPTION
Returns a string with the Oracle Database version and available options PARAMETERS
o $connection - RETURN VALUES
Returns the version information as a string or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 oci_server_version(3) example <?php $conn = oci_connect("hr", "hrpwd", "localhost/XE"); echo "Server Version: " . oci_server_version($conn); // Displays: // Server Version: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production // With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing option oci_close($conn); ?> NOTES
Note In PHP versions before 5.0.0 you must use ociserverversion(3) instead. This old name still can be used. However it is deprecated and not recommended. SEE ALSO
oci_client_version(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SERVER_VERSION(3)