Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory How do you display summary of disk usage? Post 17194 by LivinFree on Tuesday 12th of March 2002 03:46:21 AM
Old 03-12-2002
df -k will put the output in kilobytes, and I have found it is a little more portable than df -h, even though I too prefer df -h.

Read the man page on "df" for details.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Inconsistent memory usage display

When i was trying to store a file of size 743 MB into a directory i got a msg. that the disk is full. But when i used the df -k . command on that directory it showed only 40% in usage and the disk had more than enough memory for the file. When i checked the syslog i found that at that instant of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spdas
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to summary one command's cpu usage?

I want to record one application's(like oracle etc...) CPU usage summary. I can filter by "ps". But how to sum? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiarong.lu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detailed disk usage versus age summary

Hi, I'm posting my question here as I fele that what I am about to try to do must have been done already, and I don't want to re-invent the wheel. I have recently become responsible for monitoring disk space usage for a large file system. I would like to geenrate reports that will summise... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleIdiot
8 Replies

4. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print summary or the total disk usage of conf file

hey i want to print the summary or the total disk usage of the configuration files that are in the /etc directory printed in human-readable format. i think i got somewhere right as am using wc *.conf commands but i am unsure how to use to put it in human-readable format with the wc command. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefanere2k9
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to display space usage

Hi all, I am looking for help with a script for displaying the space available from a df - h command for / (root). The problem is: If it is below 700 MB I have jobs that are failing... Is there a way I can do a calculation? If it above 700 MB it is good, if it is below 700 MB it will fail.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Disk usage monitoring and record the disk used in last 24 hour

HI I am Trying to edit the below code to send email every day with difference of disk utilized in for last 24 hours but instead getting same usage everyday. can you please help me to point out where my calculation is going wrong. Thank you. ================= #!/bin/bash TODAY="at $(date... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mi4304
0 Replies
pnmtofits(1)                                                  General Commands Manual                                                 pnmtofits(1)

NAME
pnmtofits - convert a portable anymap into FITS format SYNOPSIS
pnmtofits [-max f] [-min f] [pnmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable anymap as input. Produces a FITS (Flexible Image Transport System) file as output. The resolution of the output file is either 8 bits/pixel, or 16 bits/pixel, depending on the value of maxval in the input file. If the input file is a portable bitmap or a portable graymap, the output file consists of a single plane image (NAXIS = 2). If instead the input file is a portable pixmap, the output file will consist of a three-plane image (NAXIS = 3, NAXIS3 = 3). A full description of the FITS format can be found in Astronomy & Astro- physics Supplement Series 44 (1981), page 363. OPTIONS
Flags -min and -max can be used to set DATAMAX, DATAMIN, BSCALE and BZERO in the FITS header, but do not cause the data to be rescaled. BUGS
FITS uses signed data, and this program outputs unsigned values. If you run into this problem, you might use "-min 32768". SEE ALSO
fitstopnm(1), pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Wilson H. Bent (whb@hoh-2.att.com), with modifications by Alberto Accomazzi (alberto@cfa.harvard.edu). 5 Dec 1992 pnmtofits(1)