Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory How do you display summary of disk usage? Post 16952 by klannon on Friday 8th of March 2002 08:12:32 PM
Old 03-08-2002
How do you display summary of disk usage?

I am trying to create a command string that makes use of the du or df utilities to show block count in kilobytes (1024 bytes) instead of multiples of 512 bytes, any suggestions? Thanks.....

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Inconsistent memory usage display

When i was trying to store a file of size 743 MB into a directory i got a msg. that the disk is full. But when i used the df -k . command on that directory it showed only 40% in usage and the disk had more than enough memory for the file. When i checked the syslog i found that at that instant of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spdas
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to summary one command's cpu usage?

I want to record one application's(like oracle etc...) CPU usage summary. I can filter by "ps". But how to sum? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiarong.lu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detailed disk usage versus age summary

Hi, I'm posting my question here as I fele that what I am about to try to do must have been done already, and I don't want to re-invent the wheel. I have recently become responsible for monitoring disk space usage for a large file system. I would like to geenrate reports that will summise... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleIdiot
8 Replies

4. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print summary or the total disk usage of conf file

hey i want to print the summary or the total disk usage of the configuration files that are in the /etc directory printed in human-readable format. i think i got somewhere right as am using wc *.conf commands but i am unsure how to use to put it in human-readable format with the wc command. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: stefanere2k9
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to display space usage

Hi all, I am looking for help with a script for displaying the space available from a df - h command for / (root). The problem is: If it is below 700 MB I have jobs that are failing... Is there a way I can do a calculation? If it above 700 MB it is good, if it is below 700 MB it will fail.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Disk usage monitoring and record the disk used in last 24 hour

HI I am Trying to edit the below code to send email every day with difference of disk utilized in for last 24 hours but instead getting same usage everyday. can you please help me to point out where my calculation is going wrong. Thank you. ================= #!/bin/bash TODAY="at $(date... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mi4304
0 Replies
DF(1)									FSF								     DF(1)

NAME
df - report filesystem disk space usage SYNOPSIS
df [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the GNU version of df. df displays the amount of disk space available on the filesystem containing each file name argument. If no file name is given, the space available on all currently mounted filesystems is shown. Disk space is shown in 1K blocks by default, unless the environment variable POSIXLY_CORRECT is set, in which case 512-byte blocks are used. If an argument is the absolute file name of a disk device node containing a mounted filesystem, df shows the space available on that filesystem rather than on the filesystem containing the device node (which is always the root filesystem). This version of df cannot show the space available on unmounted filesystems, because on most kinds of systems doing so requires very nonportable intimate knowledge of filesystem structures. OPTIONS
Show information about the filesystem on which each FILE resides, or all filesystems by default. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -a, --all include filesystems having 0 blocks -B, --block-size=SIZE use SIZE-byte blocks -h, --human-readable print sizes in human readable format (e.g., 1K 234M 2G) -H, --si likewise, but use powers of 1000 not 1024 -i, --inodes list inode information instead of block usage -k like --block-size=1K -l, --local limit listing to local filesystems --no-sync do not invoke sync before getting usage info (default) -P, --portability use the POSIX output format --sync invoke sync before getting usage info -t, --type=TYPE limit listing to filesystems of type TYPE -T, --print-type print filesystem type -x, --exclude-type=TYPE limit listing to filesystems not of type TYPE -v (ignored) --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE may be (or may be an integer optionally followed by) one of following: kB 1000, K 1024, MB 1,000,000, M 1,048,576, and so on for G, T, P, E, Z, Y. AUTHOR
Written by Torbjorn Granlund, David MacKenzie, Larry McVoy, and Paul Eggert. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for df is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and df programs are properly installed at your site, the com- mand info df should give you access to the complete manual. df (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 DF(1)