Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: days elapsed between 2 dates
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers days elapsed between 2 dates Post 16449 by rkkiran on Friday 1st of March 2002 01:47:02 PM
Old 03-01-2002
days elapsed between 2 dates

does anybody know how to find out the number of
days elapsed between 2 dates

e.g.

days elapsed between 020212 and 020110 (YYMMDD format)

Thanking you in advance.

Ravi.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates in no of days ???

Hi All How to get the difference between two dates in no of days ??? My date format is like this YYYY/MM/DD. I have to get the no of days between two dates in the given format. I tried to search the forum but nothing came up similar to my requitement. Your help will be appreciated. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaha
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Number of days between two distinct dates

Hi I'm looking for a .ksh script/function that will calculate ONLY the number of days between two distinct dates. Further convert the number of days to weeks and display. I need this to be part of another larger script that checks the password expiry on several servers and notifies the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radheymohan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Days difference between two dates

Hello, I would like to find out the number of days between two dates of the format yyyy-mm-dd. Any help on this is highly appreciated. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Data469
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using 'date' to get previous days' dates

I am familiar with using the 'date' command to get the current date but I have a situation where I need to get the previous day's date as well as the date two days prior. Theoretically I could use 'expr' to compute these values but I need it to work in instances where the previous month's dates... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slant-40
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

display all dates 200 days back

i need help! can someone help me please? i try to calculate date under unix (ksh)...AIX operating system. I have to find the date 200 days from today's date. then the script should loop 200 times and display on command line every day's date until the current date. example: todays date:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get number of days between given dates

Hi I need one single command to get number of days between two given dates.datecalc is not working. ex. fromdate:01.04.2010 todate :24.04.2010 i should get the out put as 23 Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

days are between the two dates?

I have two times in the format of YYMMDD. Does anyone know an easy way in ksh for me to display how many days are between the two dates? Example1: X=101202 Y=101205 There are 3 days between X & Y Example2: X=101202 Y=111202 There are 365 days between X & Y Example3: X=101205... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldman2
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate days between yyyyMmmdd dates on Solaris

I extract dates from the log file and need to calculate days between two dates. My dates are in yyyyMmmdd format. Example: $d1=2011 Oct 21 $d2=2012 Feb 20 I need to calculate the number of days between $d2 and $d1. This is on Solaris. Any ideas? Thanks, djanu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djanu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get the sunday days between two dates?

Hi Am using Unix Ksh I have a two date input as DATE1=02/12/2012 DATE2=30/12/2012 I Need the output as only sunday date 02/12/2012 09/12/2012 16/12/2012 23/12/2012 30/12/2012 can anyone pls help me.. thanks in advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get number of days between 2 dates

Gents. Please can u help. I would like to calculate the days between two dates. Example file1 ( previous date) file1 - Input file 9/29/2010 10195 9/29/2010 1057 2/2/2016 10 2/2/2016 10169 2/2/2016 1057 2/3/2016 10005 2/3/2016 10014 In file2 I add the actual date using this code.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
9 Replies
lchage(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 lchage(8)

NAME
lchage - Display or change user password policy SYNOPSIS
lchage [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Displays or allows changing password policy of user. OPTIONS
-d, --date=days Set the date of last password change to days after Jan 1 1970. -E, --expire=days Set the account expiration date to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable account expiration. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -I, --inactive=days Disable the account after days after password expires (after the user user is required to change the password). -l, --list Only list current user's policy and make no changes. -m, --mindays=days Require at least days days between password changes. Set days to 0 to disable this checking. -M, --maxdays=days Require changing the password after days since last password change. Set days to 99999 to disable this checking. -W, --warndays=days Start warning the user days before password expires (before the user is required to change the password). EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. libuser Jan 12 2005 lchage(8)