Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to uncompress .zip file?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to uncompress .zip file? Post 16382 by fonggo on Thursday 28th of February 2002 08:12:54 PM
Old 02-28-2002
Yes, that's why I need to ask any tools in HP that can support that kind of third party *.zip file. Thx.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get to a file and uncompress it

I did an ftp to copy a tar file from a main server area to the backup server area. I need to get that tar file to uncompress it in backup server. How do I go about it. Please any suggesstion will be greatly appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkem22
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to uncompress zip files in a remote server from a script

Hi UNIX gurus, the scenario is that i have written a script which takes as input a directory structure. And after that a tar is made ,then zipped and FTP it to a server.But how do i uncompress it from my script as FTP doesnot support any uncompress command during FTP session. I have to automate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul26
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip .zip file and list the files included in the .zip archive

Hello, I am trying to return the name of the resulting file from a .zip archive file using unix unzip command. unzip c07212007.cef7081.zip Archive: c07212007.cef7081.zip SecureZIP for z/OS by PKWARE inflating: CEP/CEM7080/PPVBILL/PASS/G0063V00 I used the following command to unzip in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracledev
5 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

file zip,rar,tar,compress,uncompress,unzip,unrar

i want know how to compress and uncompress file using unix, compress uncompress,zip,unzip,rar,unrar,how its work and more about this.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ismael xavier
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

uncompress a file and ftp

Hi Experts, Here is my piece of code-- #!/usr/bin/perl use Net::FTP; #use IO::Uncompress::Unzip qw(unzip $UnzipError) ; use IO::File ; print "Retrieving file from abc.com...\n"; $loginip='123.456.0.23'; $loginid='nt1234'; $loginpaswd='defgsljf';... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
6 Replies

6. AIX

ZIP multiple files and also specify size of zip file

I have to zip many pdf files and the size of zip file must not exceed 200 MB. When size is more than 200 MB then multiple zip files needs to be created. How we can achieve this in UNIX? I have tried ZIP utility but it takes a lot of time when we add individual pdfs by looping through a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tom007
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip Multiple files to One .zip file in AIX system

Hi I have a requirement in unix shell where I need to zip multiple files on server to one single .zip file. I dont see zip command in AIX and gzip command not doing completely what I want. One I do .zip file, I should be able to unzip in my local Computer. Here is example what I want... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAMA PULI
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uncompress and ftp a file

i have a compressed file, i need to ftp this file to remote server. while ftp i should uncompress and send, but the uncompressed file shouldn't write in the local server file system. is there any options how to do this using a named pipes in ftp?? greatly appreciate your suggestions? Thanmks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fakru.y
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
1 Replies
ZIP_SET_ARCHIVE_COMMENT(3)				     Library Functions Manual					ZIP_SET_ARCHIVE_COMMENT(3)

NAME
zip_set_archive_comment - set zip archive comment LIBRARY
libzip (-lzip) SYNOPSIS
#include <zip.h> int zip_set_archive_comment(struct zip *archive); "const char *comment" "int len" DESCRIPTION
The zip_set_archive_comment function sets the comment for the entire zip archive. If comment is NULL and len is 0, the archive comment will be removed. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and the error information in archive is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
zip_set_archive_comment fails if: [ZIP_ER_INVAL] len is less than 0 or longer than the maximum comment length in a zip file (65535). [ZIP_ER_MEMORY] Required memory could not be allocated. SEE ALSO
libzip(3), zip_get_archive_comment(3), zip_get_file_comment(3), zip_set_file_comment(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH October 26, 2007 ZIP_SET_ARCHIVE_COMMENT(3)