Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vxdmp doubt
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers vxdmp doubt Post 16201 by witt on Tuesday 26th of February 2002 10:41:19 PM
Old 02-26-2002
vxdmp doubt

Hello !

Does anyone know how can I see if the vxdmp is running in the Solaris ??

Thx,
Witt
witt

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

One doubt

Hi, Can i use the shell script like this? When i am running the script it is hanging not giving me any output. I can redirect the output and then i can do the manipulations also but why this one is wrong. I am confused we can do like this or not.. #!/usr/bin/ksh for line in `top` do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt??

I jus want to know the meaning of the below command line(exclamation following that re-direction) sqlplus -s `cat /home/sample.txt` <<! Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nohup
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

doubt in df -h

in my parition i hav parition like this Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 24G 22G 756M 97% / /dev/sda5 248G 1.2G 234G 1% /else /dev/sda1 965M 24M 892M 3% /boot tmpfs 7.0G 0 7.0G 0%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt

Hi , Struck with one basic question. Iam expecting word count of 4 where "wc" is showing as 5 . # echo "abcd" | wc 1 1 5 # echo abcd | wc 1 1 5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchal_boddu
5 Replies

5. AIX

how to Enable VxDMP & Disable MPIO?

Hello people. I am new to AIX & dealing with VxDMP. The server has AIX 7.1, storage is Hitachi. I have 4 paths from my server to the array. However, the vxdmp shows only single path. I went through some discussions & realized that it is because of MPIO. Then, I did following - *... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkiran
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Doubt

How to create a file with specific size in RHEL6 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sashi Kanth A
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Doubt

in my shell script requirement is to search and replace the file with variable so i use the following command sed -i "s/abc/$SCHEMA/g" table.sql later when the script runs sqlplus username/pwd@Table& this & is not letting the variable to replace the value inside the file .please let me know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhuvan1
1 Replies
vxdmp(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						  vxdmp(7)

NAME
vxdmp - Veritas Volume Manager multipathing disk devices DESCRIPTION
Multipathed disk devices in Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) represent virtual devices with one or more physical access paths to a physical disk. The Multipathing feature provides disk access reliability by dynamically switching to another physical path if there is a path fail- ure. Every disk that is visible to VxVM is represented by a multipath device node in the /dev/vx/dmp and /dev/vx/rdmp directories for block type and character type interfaces. A simple disk is represented by a multipath device having one physical path, whereas a disk that is part of a multiported disk array is represented by a multipath device with many device access paths depending upon the type of the disk array. VxVM uses standard disk device naming conventions to name multipath devices. For example, if there is a disk device with two physical access paths such as c1t0d0 and c2t0d0, the multipathing device node for this particular disk is created under /dev/vx/dmp and /dev/vx/rdmp as c1t0d0 or c2t0d0. To provide multipathing, VxVM maintains an internal database of all the multipathed devices detected by the system and their respective paths. The database is created at system boot time. When disks are added or removed from the system, VxVM provides support to reconfigure the multipath device database to reflect new states of the hardware, while the system is online. To reconfigure the DMP database, run ioscan followed by insf, and then invoke vxdctl enable (see vxdctl(1M)). The various access paths to a multipathed device can be seen by using a vxdisk command (see vxdisk(1M)). These commands open the multi- pathing configuration device /dev/vx/dmpconfig to obtain the required information about the various paths to a multipathed device and their states. VxVM also provides the facility to enable or disable a disk controller. This feature can be used to stop all I/Os through a particular con- troller to perform maintenance operations on it. Use the vxdmpadm command to do this and also perform other operations on the multipath device database. VxVM can provide notification about events that occur in the DMP database due to a change in hardware. See the vxnotify(1M) man page for more information. VxVM is capable of multipathing both Active/Active and Active/Passive disk arrays. FILES
/dev/vx/dmp Multipathing block devices. /dev/vx/rdmp Multipathing character devices. SEE ALSO
ioctl(2), vxdctl(1M), vxdisk(1M), vxdmpadm(1M), vxnotify(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxdmp(7)