Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 3d animation
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers 3d animation Post 16087 by dewhite04 on Monday 25th of February 2002 03:30:50 PM
Old 02-25-2002
Aloysius, I noticed in a thread posted earlier that you were thinking about switching up to Mac OS X. I would definatly recommend that you try that before you switch over to linux or another unix flavor. It's a great way to get your feet wet. Also I thought you should know that Mac OS X isn't really as much like linux as it is FreeBSD (a unix derived from the berkely systems distrobution). But it's still very much Mac-like in it's interface, alot less scary for a first time unix experience, and a great way to learn some unix from the command-line interface.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphics And Animation

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY C OR ANY OTHER UNIX LANGUAGE IS USED IN THREE DIMENSIONAL ANIMATION AND RENDERING (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloysius1001
5 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

unix.com Flash animation

I realy Love the look of the Flash animation at top of the forum, very sweet. But it uses all of my cpu power :( even winamp starts getting little skips. Then i have to scroll down and hide the nice animation :( Maybe someone could try to tune it a little bit. Thats on a 1,6 Ghz... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script animation

I have read hundreds of the postings and cannot find the answer to my question...so I hope that someone is able to answer it for me. I am writing a script in bash, and would like to add animation. I have a gif file that I would like to open and have displayed on the screen. Can this be done? Of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: debit
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Animation

Hi, I want to write a shell script which can do some animation The animation is as follows it is like a progress barwhich hould gone on inresing with time & at the end of the line there should be the progess Eg == - 10%... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot shell script controlled animation

Hi, I am looking for basic shell script to feed Gnuplot with live data, to arrange basic animation. I mean one-liner one variable real function. Any idea or experiences from the past, generating Gnuplot animation on dumb terminal (ASCII only) ? Or please refer me to a nice web site. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darius2
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop animation

This is just for fun but i can't work it out I want to animate this dotted line in a shell script. .................................................................................. I want it to start at one dot like this . and end up printing them all. I think I need a while loop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalviking
5 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Description Animation with jQuery

I found that the pages that lists all the forums were too cluttered with the forum descriptions, so I added a bit of jQuery to hide the forum descriptions and to fade them in and out on mouseover: <script> $(document).ready(function() { jQuery(".neo-forum-description").hide();... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Display - Thread Preview Text Animation

Instead of the slow and not readable tooltips with the preview of the thread content in forum view, I have added the preview with mouseover (see attached movie). Let me know if you want a different kind of preview (animation, duration font-color, size, etc,) Thanks. <script>... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
29 Replies
SW_VERS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						SW_VERS(1)

NAME
sw_vers -- print Mac OS X operating system version information SYNOPSIS
sw_vers sw_vers -productName sw_vers -productVersion sw_vers -buildVersion DESCRIPTION
sw_vers prints version information about the Mac OS X or Mac OS X Server operating system running on the local machine. When executed with no options sw_vers prints a short list of version properties: % sw_vers ProductName: Mac OS X ProductVersion: 10.3 BuildVersion: 7A100 The ProductName property provides the name of the operating system release (typically either "Mac OS X" or "Mac OS X Server"). The ProductVersion property defines the version of the operating system release (for example, "10.2.4" or "10.3"). The BuildVersion property provides the specific revision of the operating system as generated by the Mac OS X build system. OPTIONS
The output of sw_vers can be refined by the following options. -productName Print just the value of the ProductName property. -productVersion Print just the value of the ProductVersion property. -buildVersion Print just the value of the BuildVersion property. EXAMPLES
% sw_vers -productName Mac OS X % sw_vers -productVersion 10.3 % sw_vers -buildVersion 7A100 FILES
/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist /System/Library/CoreServices/ServerVersion.plist Mac OS X March 10, 2003 Mac OS X